Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I'm not sure if ValvPiti is co-leader, I seem to have heard that said, but he's dickhead anyway.

He was interviewed before the Mur de Huy stage about his chances of victory and stated quite plainly that his priority was not to go for the win but to work for Quintana.

The phrase 'two-faced weasel' springs to mind.

(Actually, something rather stronger than that springs to mind, but this is a family forum.)

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Great seeing the maillot jaune giving a long pull up front in the final 2-3 km.

Yeah, Cav must feel slightly embarrassed not to have delivered the stage win after having both the yellow jersey and the world champion on leadout duty.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Just fit a hub gear and have done with it! Might slightly slow rear wheel changes though :laugh:

Or switch to Campagnolo - if EPS fails, you can at least manually shift into a different gear. When Di2 fails, you're stuck in whatever gear you were in at the time it went.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Or switch to Campagnolo - if EPS fails, you can at least manually shift into a different gear. When Di2 fails, you're stuck in whatever gear you were in at the time it went.
Ironically, I was talking to a mate a couple of days ago about the widespread use of electronic shifting in the peloton these days but he said that he wouldn't trust it. I told him how reliable the technology is now, so no longer any worries there ... :whistle:

suzeworld

Veteran
http://audioboo.fm/channels/1405050.rss is what you subscribe to and I think www.thecyclingpodcast.com is the website but it's currently blank for me.

The best one IMO is http://downloads.itv.com/podcasttdf.xml and the BBC one is http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/5live/bespoke/rss.xml - There was a preview show from http://feeds.feedburner.com/bikeshowfeed too, but I doubt Jack's doing dailies.

Thanks --- I appreciate this .. I have recently got bluetooth in my car so I have started to get into podcasts when I am doing long journeys. Great stuff

:music:

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Commentators are not interested in imparting any knowledge to the viewers re tactics and reasons why people are not "on the rivet" for the win all the time - much easier to babble nonsense and shout a bit. I look forward to the day this changes, the "pundits" do try to add a sense of reality but it's difficult when a gibbering baboon has the majority of airtalk time.
I wonder if it's a generational thing, as we move from the commentators who learnt the trade in the 60's or 80's to ones that have just come away from modern racing we're likely to get a much better viewpoint on the modern racing they are commentating on as things have changed so much. I'm thinking it'll be similar to the way TMS commentators slowly evolve in cricket.

The Couch

Über Member
I don't much fancy Orica-Greenedge's chances in the team time trial on Sunday. Albasini called it quits tonight with a broken arm, adding to previous abandonners Simon Gerrans and Daryl Impey. Michael Matthews rides on but with two broken ribs. :wacko:
It ain't much better at Lotto...
This is what Hansen tweeted: "This is the amount of tape I need to keep my collar bone in place. It reduces the pain a bit..... A bit.. "
CJdXI4rWsAAyjEM.jpg

Debusschere has a bruised wrist since stage 3.
Henderson endured a broken rib during stage 4 and had to have stones removed from his hip.
De Gendt rode out yesterday's stage with a bruised shoulder and a broken rib.

Both teams will struggle to hang on to more than 5 men during the TT (very quickly after the start).

The Couch

Über Member
This is some funny stuff
(and I know... a waste of food.... an attack on the health of that person... but let's stick with funny stuff):
Oh... and a warning for the very sensitive people, best to stop at about 3:40 when he starts with the power gels xx(:evil:

Top Bottom