Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MisterStan

Label Required
Can anyone tell me why the climb they are about to hit is not categorised - looking at the stage profile, it appears to be more troublesome than those further along the route....
upload_2015-7-9_12-39-0.png

The Couch

Über Member
Davide Bramati the Etixx directeur-sportif shown going ape-shît when Tony Martin rode into yellow on Tuesday has been suspended from the team car on today's stage because the video showed him not wearing a seat belt. :rolleyes:

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/raci...g-to-wear-seatbelt-181428#eavf5ozhiRYEmcPR.99
In 2011, there was a tv-serie made with the Tour de Flanders (of 2010) as background to the story. Especially for this serie, the producers were allowed to make video-images in the team cars of some teams (QuickStep, Team Saxo and Omega Pharma-Lotto). In the show it was also clearly seen that Wilfried Peeters (technical director of QS) wasn't wearing a seat-belt either.
Since the show was only shown the year after, I don't think there was any penalty for Peeters (besides negative comments in the media).
But I think it's a good thing that Bramati didn't get away with it,

By the way, the (success of the) videos that were shown from the team cars in the tv-show, was the reason why they installed the cams the season later to be able to show them in the race (or what happens more often, show them after the race).

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
In 2011, there was a tv-serie made with the Tour de Flanders (of 2010) as background to the story. Especially for this serie, the producers were allowed to make video-images in the team cars of some teams (QuickStep, Team Saxo and Omega Pharma-Lotto). In the show it was also clearly seen that Wilfried Peeters (technical director of QS) wasn't wearing a seat-belt either.
Since the show was only shown the year after, I don't think there was any penalty for Peeters (besides negative comments in the media).
But I think it's a good thing that Bramati didn't get away with it,

By the way, the (success of the) videos that were shown from the team cars in the tv-show, was the reason why they installed the cams the season later to be able to show them in the race (or what happens more often, show them after the race).

Generally I'm liking all the onboard footage (cars, bikes, mechanics!). It gives a good insight into the organised chaos.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran

MisterStan

Label Required
Do we assume that Teklehaimanot is going for the mountains jersey again?
From the live feed tracker thingy;

Teklehaimanot has a true passion for the polka dot jersey
Daniel Teklehaimanot won the King of the Mountain competition at the Critérium du Dauphiné last month. It was the first distinctive jersey for MTN-Qhubeka in a World Tour race. As he secured it atop the Bettex in Saint-Gervais, the Eritrean declared: “When I was young and watching the Tour de France, I was always more excited by the fight for the polka dot jersey than the yellow. It's fantastic to know that I'll be riding the Tour de France as well. It's very exciting. All the riders in the world want to do the Tour. I hope I'll have a chance to race for the polka dot jersey as well as here. One day with this jersey at the Tour would be enough for me. It won't be easy but I'm prepared to working hard.”

MisterStan

Label Required
From the tracker thingy;

No worries for Valverde
Spanish national champion Alejandro Valverde had a crash but there's no worries in the camp of Movistar. Questioned by letour.com, directeur sportif José Luis Arrieta said: "He stop for a piss and slipped on the gravel when he went back on his bike but fortunately, there's no damage."

The Couch

Über Member
From the tracker thingy;

No worries for Valverde
Spanish national champion Alejandro Valverde had a crash but there's no worries in the camp of Movistar. Questioned by letour.com, directeur sportif José Luis Arrieta said: "He stop for a piss and slipped on the gravel when he went back on his bike but fortunately, there's no damage."
Typical for Valverde to take the piss out of everyone :dry:

Top Bottom