Tour de France 2013 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zizou

Veteran
Greipels line going round the bend was pretty important too - it wasn't a tight corner but he had the inside line and Cavendish and Kittel were on the outside and then had to go wider when Henderson peeled off.

If they are all still in the race (and in good condition) its going to be some battle going into the all important final corner on the Champs Elysees.

Today's Guardian has the best (so far) batch of pictures from yesterday's stage - evocative of the South...This pic by Joel Saget / AFP / Getty images.
Simon-Gerrans-003.jpg

The Couch

Über Member
Sodding Taaramae lost another 5 minutes today. Useless streak of Estonian ****.
At least your dark horse is still in the race (you never know he might do a "De Gendt" and still end up in the top10 - granted it's very unlikely, but at least there is still hope) ;)^_^

raindog

er.....
Tour mania is something to see. Wanted to ride this morning, but suddenly realised last night that the roads would be closing pretty early, so I was on the bike for 6.30 and had a great ride. Got down on to the circuit at the end of my loop, and already the gendarmes are all in place at every junction where there's a barrier, Dutch camper vans everywhere with big flags in place, and whole French families already installed at strategic points with picnic tables laid out for the day. I even got clapped and cheered as I went past a couple of groups at the top of a hill. Great fun ^_^
Biking's bloody brilliant.

Tour mania is something to see. Wanted to ride this morning, but suddenly realised last night that the roads would be closing pretty early, so I was on the bike for 6.30 and had a great ride. Got down on to the circuit at the end of my loop, and already the gendarmes are all in place at every junction where there's a barrier, Dutch camper vans everywhere with big flags in place, and whole French families already installed at strategic points with picnic tables laid out for the day. I even got clapped and cheered as I went past a couple of groups at the top of a hill. Great fun ^_^
Biking's bloody brilliant.
Lucky, lucky sod! :thumbsup:

Edit: Ooops - great minds thinking alike once again! I'll add another lucky to mine.^_^

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Nice pics, Apé
My favourite is this one...

View attachment 25685

Be good if they could do one of the snails blurred and the cyclists in focus, it would work if it was me on a bike.

thom

____
A bit hilly today. Nothing enormous or outrageously steep so good for rouleurs as opposed to sprinters or grimpeurs.
Improved chances for a breakaway to succeed. Yellow jersey likely to switch - who will get it though ? EBH or Albasini would not be too surprising.

07-profile.jpg

I reckon Voeckler will give it a go today and Sagan could be there or thereabouts at the end.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I've not had a point off him. Not one sodding point!

Him and Mollema have been damn liabilities.

Still a long way to go! Far too soon to write off Mollema.

Even Taaramae should bag a few points in the mountains. I hope his slacking is a tactical thing because he's going for stage wins rather than GC.

Top Bottom