Tour de France 2013 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Rolland looked like a Playschool presenter.
What does anyone think of RadioShack's light blue Treks? Ghastly!

The Couch

Über Member
(Well, I've picked Taaramae for my fantasy team... He looks to be in good form...)
:rofl:

It could have been worse... you could have selected De Gendt :laugh:
(who is also targeting a stage win - more specifically the Alpe d'Huez stage- the only problem will be that about 20 other people want the same stage win :banghead: )

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Just as an aside, Simon Gerrans speaks good French. So much so that it had me searching out his history; 4 years with AG2R and 1 with Credit Agricole. The guy's walked the walk (or should that be cycled the cycle?)
Yes, I saw an videoed interview in l'Equipe yesterday and his French was pretty fluent. As well as living and working with the French he's done some studying too. I was impressed.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
TTTs are usually pretty dull affairs (but not as dull as ITTs) but this one will have the merit of probably deciding where the yellow jersey goes.

The Couch

Über Member
So, who's going to take the TTT ? I reckon OPQS or Garmin but BMC & Sky will be up there too. Any other obvious contenders ?
I am going for OPQ, even taking away a 100% Martin, they still got some TT talent.. Chavanel, Kwiatek, Velits, Terpstra, Trentin ....that are 5 people that should get far even without Martin

As an outside bet, I will go for Movistar, who have proven in the past that they are good at TTT

thom

____
As an outside bet, I will go for Movistar, who have proven in the past that they are good at TTT

Yes - it is easy to go for the Anglo American teams what with their penchant for wind-testing the arse off everything drag inducing, including their suncream but any GC team worth its salt will have a plan - Saxo-Tinkoff will be there or thereabouts too.

VamP

Banned
The biggest question of the day, surely, is what damage can Sky put into Saxo? Not all that much is my guess.

VamP

Banned
Stannard and GT at less than 100% won't help.

Precisely.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
TTTs are usually pretty dull affairs (but not as dull as ITTs) but this one will have the merit of probably deciding where the yellow jersey goes.

What, what. :ninja: My favourite bits of the tour. TT'er myself ! The 25km TTT should be pretty action packed as the times are coming in.

iLB

Hello there
Although, apparently, it's a straight non-technical course so they may be less disadvantaged.

I think Stannard will go fine, because he is hard as nails. I think G will do some work early on but maybe drop out at half way, dosed up on pain killers. I can see why he is so determined to carry on, with all the sacrifices in the build up and it being the TDF and all, but I do have to question the decision to carry on with a fractured pelvis.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I can see why he is so determined to carry on, with all the sacrifices in the build up and it being the TDF and all, but I do have to question the decision to carry on with a fractured pelvis.

I agree with Chris Boardman's comments, that the fracture must be very small, as it would be impossible to cycle with a broken pelvis otherwise. The pain is probably coming from soft tissue injury, so should get better over time. The team doctors would have pulled him out if it was creating possible future problems.

The Couch

Über Member
The biggest question of the day, surely, is what damage can Sky put into Saxo? Not all that much is my guess.

So say (I know, it's all hypothetical but still... say) Sky would take some time away from Saxo, but looses time to BMC, Movistar and Katusha you don't think the papers would write about it? :smile:
(I'm a stinker, ain't I?)

oldroadman

Veteran
All Sky need to do is stay in close touch. Having the yellow this early will put pressure on the team to ride too much, with GT injured - and the injury is reported to be a hairline fracture which may mean home after giving it an early blast in the TTT - plus Kennaugh not looking to good at the moment, it would be sensible to hold back a little. Movistar will do a decent ride, as will I think OPQS (though I expect that Tony Martin will not be full gas), BMC for top 3, Katusha may be on the podium. For the GT teams keeping within 30 seconds of thelead is all that's needed. The mountains and ITT will be where the race is really sorted out, when there are no hiding places. Bertie will need all the Spanish steaks he can eat to counter Froome, I think, but look at Purito for an outsider.

Top Bottom