Tour de France 2013 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
Gutted for Simon - it's his first Tour so a win would've been fantastic. I guess he went a bit too early. Oh well......

Thanks to that breakaway bunch for liveniing up the stage there. Too bad for Talansky. Highlights of the stage included Millar giving the camera guy the "I'm all done" sign.
addendum....just realised Talansky probably benefited the most from the day, leaping up 5 places in the GC.

Just seen Froome interviewed on ES. He seems quite philosophical about what happened yesterday, reckons Contador will have used up an awful lot of energy for that one minute gain. Had a bit of a glint in his eye when he said it too, I thought - have a feeling he might be planning to put the hammer on Contador tomorrow.

Quintana is off the leash now too - he'll be looking to make inroads in the GC tomorrow too. It'll be interesting to see if Kwiatkowski can stay in touch in the white jersey comp.

Bets for stage winner tomorrow? Question is whether it'll be someone like Purito or Nieve aiming to salvage their Tour with a big stage win, or will one of the GC boys go for it - Froome, Contador or Quintana?

I had Purito down to win tomorrow so I'll stick with that as Katusha have not really shown their hand yet.

But Quintana Roo is definitely going to do some damage before the tour is out and with the full support of the team, who knows.

Just wait until tomorrow - Bastille Day, Ventoux. You should see plenty of young Tommy, knees out, head bobbing

Not sure he's on the same form as last year and I'd be surprised if Europcar (Rolland) keep hold of the polkadot to be honest.

Perhaps not, but he's odds on to give it a crack.

And why not. A mountain stage victory for Tommy doesn't endanger Rolland's KOM position. It could very well favour it, taking vital points from the mouths of other opponents - Quintana Roo for example. I hope the soigneurs have been busy working that tongue and I expect a gurnering performance on Bastille Day to equal no other.

:tongue: :bicycle::tongue: :bicycle: :tongue: :thanks:

Reactions: TVC

lukesdad

JRo and Moreno will target the Alpe I reckon. Ventoux is made for Froome, I think sky will put the hammer down into it.

Top Bottom