Things you find very difficult to open, or get into etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Some thick boxes can be really bad as well. I have a couple of really good locking knives with thick blades I use for them?

Has anyone ever managed to open a tin with a Swiss Army Knife, the special blade? It goes forward but I couldn't do it.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Packs of bacon, steak etc. it says"peel here" at the corner but very rarely peels back so you've got to cut it

.......and another thing.......why do they seal the two layers of plastic about a tenth of a millimetre from the edge of the steak? You have to hack though a sliver of meat to get the plastic off.

Utter tossers.

VHS video cassettes. No wonder the format went obsolete because no bugger could open the media.

The trick was that there was a hole on one specific place that engaged with the mechanism

If you jabbed a ball point pen - or a pencil - through the plastic at that point it will go through
then it will peel off OK
normally in little bits but after a few it will all come off

Now you will be OK next time you need to unwrap an brand new VHS tape

oh - hang on

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
DSC_5291~2.JPG

These, and shoe polish, tins that used to have a twiddly thingy to open them.
Now it's a 'Press Here' that doesn't work.. 😣

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
.......and another thing.......why do they seal the two layers of plastic about a tenth of a millimetre from the edge of the steak? You have to hack though a sliver of meat to get the plastic off.

Utter tossers.

Bacon hermetically sealed in thick plastic requiring precision surgery with a Stanley knife......the wafer-thin impossible to pull tab always breaks off.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I had a lot of trouble getting a CR2032 coin cell battery out of its armoured plastic packaging yesterday. I suppose scissors or a craft knife would have been the tool for the job but as I didn't have one to hand I found that repeatedly jabbing the plastic with a small screwdriver eventually released the battery. It took about 10x the amount of time it would have taken me to fetch a pair of scissors or a penknife/craft knife but I got the satisfaction of a job bodged badly.

Top Bottom