Things you find very difficult to open, or get into etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Last night I struggled badly to open this container of Spanish butter bean stew. As I pressed that supposedly 'press to open' bit, as hard as I pressed I could not break the seal. In the end I had to get a sharp knife to break or cut the seal! I find such containers very difficult to open and quite dangerous as the hard plastic bits can cut you. :unsure: What do you struggle to open, or have you struggled to open in the past?🤔

hc=srWvybP-60QQ7kNvgH7_d-w&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

hc=IRNYOxFi4_0Q7kNvgHqIpAS&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

hc=gdmJyBvRJbUQ7kNvgHhX7U_&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

Last edited:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
What do you struggled to open … ?

My wallet.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Notoriously very hard to open!! :unsure: I once spent 45 minutes using a pair of pliers and a screwdriver to get into the steak and kidney one, before my vegetarian days, after my can opener broke trying to open it!!:cursing:

71c4EMVwocL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Last night I struggled badly to open this container of Spanish butter bean stew. As I pressed that supposedly 'press to open' bit, as hard as I pressed I could not break the seal. In the end I had to get a sharp knife to break or cut the seal! I find such containers very difficult to open and quite dangerous as the hard plastic bits can cut you. :unsure: What do you struggle to open, or have you struggled to open in the past?🤔

View attachment 742672

View attachment 742673

View attachment 742674

Our last container of Fatballs for the birds had the same system, albeit on a larger scale.

Mrs SD gave up, I hurt my fingers but the birds were happy!

A bloody ridiculous design.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Accy is spot on. Those military-grade plastic pots that contain poncy soups are impossible to open without lacerating your thumbs. I stab them from above with an eight inch chef's knife. After that, the razor sharp plastic edges are the only things that stop me accessing the rather disappointing over-priced contents.

Bastards.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A bottle of milk!

Seriously, I was struggling to unscrew the top of a plastic milk bottle...

It really shocked me at the time. (It was when my lungs were full of blood clots back in 2012, which left me pitifully weak.)

More recently... Trying to open tins of cheap Aldi chickpeas or kidney beans. My can opener slips trying to cut through the ring round the top edge of the cans. Those rings must be ever so slightly undersize so the can opener doesn't grip properly. It has no problem on more expensive cans which must have slightly thicker rings.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
How about those daft tethered plastic bottle tops that are supposed to encourage me to re-cycle the top as well as the bottle? You need a Mole wrench to get them unscrewed. Then, you need the Mole again to get it back on before your tonic water loses its bubbles even faster than it did before this planet-saving wonder.

Top Bottom