The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
It's a bit cool and misty outside.
The 3rd appointment at the hospital physiotherapy unit this morning, as usual I'll cycle up there, will need to put the lights on the bike though.
I have an escape committee meeting this afternoon at the Railway Bell.
Our daughter is also calling in at some point, she has just got back from a few days in Lisbon.
Another busy day in paradise. :cuppa:

screenman

Legendary Member
The gardeners have been and cut 50 yards of 6ft high privet for me, twenty minutes work for three of them, best fifty quid I will spend today, it used to take Pam and myself a couple of hours of hard graft to do it together. All waste cleared up and taken away, I feel that is good value.

Exlaser2

Veteran
Morning everyone . 😀

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Private scan says the lump is benign. Emphasis on the word probably.

That at least will allow me to chill while away in the camper next weekend.

Good News!

They will always use the word "probably" - it's the nature of the beast. They can never 100% rule anything out, even though they are 99.9% sure, until the final analysis.

Keep your chin up!

SpokeyDokey

Good morrow folks.
Cleaner comes this morning so I must strip bedding and get it washed........ I really do not feel up to it.
I have to nip to Aldi as myself and family have decided th have a cheese, crackers and wine evening. So cheese and crackers will come in handy :smile:

Oh, we love a cheese'n'biccys evening - has to include grapes & dates though.

SpokeyDokey

Morning all :hello:

Finally, after over two years being advertised on FB, I've had some serious interest in MrsD's carbon road bike. Woman messaged me locally and will be over to see it next week. Fingers crossed.

Stadtler & Waldorf arrive at lunchtime. :sad:

Relatives visiting can be tough, you have my sympathies.

My S-I-L come to stay once a year for a week and whilst she is a lovely good-hearted lady, the reality is that both myself and Mrs SD have very little common ground with her.

As her sister, Mrs SD, can live with this but I find it very hard.

After 3 days I have had enough and am screaming out loud internally.

It is one of the very few times in any given year that things between Mrs SD and myself get, let's say, strained!

Dave7

Legendary Member
Us too, especially with some nice Ciabatta bread, and of course tomatoes. Has to include a decent bottle of red wine.

We are having various crackers with it. I have both red (for the blue cheese) and white for the Brie.
Ohhh, we are also having mixed olives with feta cheese in garlic.

Top Bottom