The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
My Aldi dash was good. There was a good offer on a Chardonnay, £8.99 down to £4.99. Hardly anyone else shopping and I was the only one at the till.
Then, to top it all, as I got back in the car Bruce Springsteen was just starting up with Born to Run....... VOLUME UP, so a good trip all round.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I am nearly out of bed, I am off to Skeggy today but will let the dog lift first.

The dog? And I thought I was the one who did that :laugh:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
That's it. I am well and truly tired of painting now. One of three parts of the ceiling has had it's first coat.

Looks like we are in for rain as well.

And it looks like the road will finally be open probably tomorrow. They hope to move the trains tody and inspect the rails then it will be open until Wednesday when it will be closed for another 7 weeks.

I can see me doing a big shop on Monday.

I've just read that because of the problems, they won't be doing the repairs now until January

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
That's it. I am well and truly tired of painting now. One of three parts of the ceiling has had it's first coat.

Looks like we are in for rain as well.

And it looks like the road will finally be open probably tomorrow. They hope to move the trains tody and inspect the rails then it will be open until Wednesday when it will be closed for another 7 weeks.

I can see me doing a big shop on Monday.

I've just read that because of the problems, they won't be doing the repairs now until January

Is it the Railway or the road that will be closed for 7 weeks.?

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Some good news.
There's a lorry fire on the M5 and they've closed it.
Stadtler & Waldorf are stuck on the motorway and will be delayed by a couple of hours. :smile:

Top Bottom