The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Busy day tidying up in readiness for our visitors; brothers in law x2 arriving tomorrow - deep joy!
It's like having Stadtler & Waldorf, without the humour. One is very loud, could bore for England, never stops talking and only has one conversational topic (metal castings), the other just sits around and doesn't say a lot ( can't get a word in).
I can see a lot of alcohol being consumed this weekend, but not by them, as a half of bitter between them is considered excessively indulgent.
Roll on Sunday night when they've gone home!

Morning all, very early dog walk as I'm soon off out for the morning. Playing snooker, or trying to, until a few weeks ago hadn't played for about 30 years, this will be our second session. Playing with our best man so we usually spend as much time chatting as potting balls. Out for dinner this evening with my new friend, not saying anymore at present. Enjoy your days.

Gunk

Guru
Out early on the motorbike this morning meeting a mate for breakfast at Turweston Aerodrome. Beautiful morning but very greasy roads.

Tenkaykev

Guru
An early start to catch the train to the airport. A cloudless blue sky and bright morning sunshine was creating a ground mist as we went through the New Forest. The departure lounge is just a couple of hundred metres from the railway station making Parkway one of the easiest Airports to access. Glasgow flight appears to be on time 🤞

Gunk

Guru
An early start to catch the train to the airport. A cloudless blue sky and bright morning sunshine was creating a ground mist as we went through the New Forest. The departure lounge is just a couple of hundred metres from the railway station making Parkway one of the easiest Airports to access. Glasgow flight appears to be on time 🤞

Love Glasgow, probably my favourite city

screenman

Legendary Member
I just found this on the Merry Widows site and though it could apply to some of us lot.

1. When one door closes and another door opens, you are probably in prison.
2. To me, "drink responsibly" means don't spill it.
3. Age 60 might be the new 40, but 9:00 pm is the new midnight.
4. It's the start of a brand new day, and I'm off like a herd of turtles.
5. The older I get, the earlier it gets late.
6. When I say, "The other day," I could be referring to any time between yesterday and 15 years ago.
7. I remember being able to get up without making sound effects.
8. I had my patience tested. I'm negative.
9. Remember, if you lose a sock in the dryer, it comes back as a Tupperware lid that doesn't fit any of your containers.
10. If you're sitting in public and a stranger takes the seat next to you, just stare straight ahead and say, "Did you bring the money?"
11. When you ask me what I am doing today, and I say "nothing," it does not mean I am free. It means I am doing nothing.
12. I finally got eight hours of sleep. It took me three days, but whatever.
13. I run like the winded.
14. I hate when a couple argues in public, and I missed the beginning and don't know whose side I'm on.
15. When someone asks what I did over the weekend, I squint and ask, "Why, what did you hear?"
16. When you do squats, are your knees supposed to sound like a goat chewing on an aluminum can stuffed with celery?
17. I don't mean to interrupt people. I just randomly remember things and get really excited.
18. When I ask for directions, please don't use words like "east."
19. Don't bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Spend 30 seconds in my head. That'll freak you right out.
20. Sometimes, someone unexpected comes into your life out of nowhere, makes your heart race, and changes you forever. We call those people cops.
21. My luck is like a bald guy who just won a comb.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Salut. I noticed that the washing machine was making a funny noise last night, like some metallic robing on something. Anyway once the washing done Mrs G notice that one metal rod from the bra cups was missing. I will have to take the back of the machine off later and see if I can get remove it from the drum.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Mr WD has got my washing machine working again. He thinks the door lock is sticking so will do something with it when the washing is finished. And he thinks the leak is from the filter at the bottom of the machine so he will do that as well. Happy days. I don't have to spend £300 plus. :dance:

Top Bottom