The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Squire
I have just woken up on the sofa with only Pinot for company, night all.

Feeling fine, but I have been awake since 3 am.
I've had similar sleep patterns in the past. I never got enough sleep. Recently instead of watching telly and either fighting to stay awake or falling asleep I go to bed. So far this is giving me much better sleep. If I go to bed around 9.00/9.15 I can sleep till 4.00/5.00am - sometimes longer. Seven to eight hours is a lot for me.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
The rain hasn't started yet, but the grey sky looks threatening.
Today we are off to the Alban Arena to see a dance show with six of ex Strictly come dancing professional dancers, plus supporting dancers.
We are having dinner first in a local pub, there are an excellent choice of pubs in St. Albans.

Like @Mo1959 waking up to the news about Chris Hoy has knocked the wind out of my sails. Very sad.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Had my Covid jab yesterday and, for the first time, I've had a reaction to it.
Dreadful night, last night. Sweats and shivers, mind racing and a headache.
Feel like I've been run through the mill this morning.
I just feel like staying in bed today.
Might have to cancel our Sunday lunch date with our mates.

PaulSB

Squire
Good morning. Blowing a gale and pouring with rain as storm Ashley beats us all back indoors. Ah well.

My body, in particular my knee, feels like it can handle the morning workout. The first since Monday. Then it's a brief tidy round followed by a huge amount of important admin.

On Wednesday we have a meeting to discuss managing our son's household accounts. A week tomorrow I have a meeting with LCC to discuss his financial assessment and overall funding for the coming year. Then I need to begin preparing for a meeting to assess my RTA personal injury claim. A discussion with an independent consultant.

This is heavy duty stuff.......I sniff a G&T around 6.00pm

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good day all.
My sleep was disjointed to say the least. I fear I will need to crash out for an hour later.

Right, I know the needle is stuck but the weather forecast is really annoying me. Yesterday it promised 4 days of sunshine. Now it shows rain all week.

2 things planned for the day. I have 2 friends visiting at 11.00. Later my daughter is doing a full roast for late lunch.
Have a good day everyone.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Coooooeeeee. 13 deg here but it's really dark and windy (not me) and we have weather warnings for today about the wind.

I saw on the news yesterday about Chris Hoy. Sad news. Seems a lot of people are being diagnosed with one type of cancer or another. 2 of our friends have passed over the last couple of years due to that horrible disease. :sad:

Stay safe peeps :hello:

Off the A55

This one ?
Queensferry is a town lying on the River Dee near the border with England.

Its name derives from ferries which used to cross the River Dee. The settlement of Higher Ferry is now Saltney, while Queensferry was named Lower Ferry. It changed its name to Kingsferry on the coronation of King George IV of the United Kingdom in 1820, and became Queensferry on the coronation of Queen Victoria in 1837.

Coooooeeeee. 13 deg here but it's really dark and windy (not me) and we have weather warnings for today about the wind.

I saw on the news yesterday about Chris Hoy. Sad news. Seems a lot of people are being diagnosed with one type of cancer or another. 2 of our friends have passed over the last couple of years due to that horrible disease. :sad:

Still quite young, under 50.

pawl

Legendary Member

Sad news indeed.It doesn’t matter how fit you are or healthy life you have led doesn’t protect you from that dreadful disease .

Some years ago while working for social services I visited a Marie Curie hospice.What surprised me was the positive attitude of the patients who were receiving end of life care

Top Bottom