The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
It's been 3 hours since I was pricked.........so far so good 🤞

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I thought this had finished now? Yes, there are retired people who do have this situation but I thought anyone who retired after April 2016 automatically gets the New State Pension.

I don't know. It all seems very complicated.

They do but those who retired in up to just before then or earlier are on the old pension which is less than the new one

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I thought this had finished now? Yes, there are retired people who do have this situation but I thought anyone who retired after April 2016 automatically gets the New State Pension?

I don't know. It all seems very complicated.

They do. But, the rest of us haven’t died off, yet. 😂 My retirement year was 2012, so, I am on the “old” pension systerm

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
They do but those who retired in up to just before then or earlier are on the old pension which is less than the new one

Does that mean us, oldies don't need as much money as newly retired? Crazy system.

pawl

Legendary Member
Hmm! I just read that not only IHT & pensions are likely to be clobbered on the 30th, but the stealth tax rise of further frozen tax threshold levels has raised its ugly head. :angry:

My thoughts on this would definitely contravene site rules, so 🤐 for me.

They contravene rules they seem very appropriate to the Retirement Thread.

Last edited:

pawl

Legendary Member
It's only going to get worse.

I heat some people saying but pensioners will be getting £460 next year, but we have post £300 in the winter fuel allowance so in actually fact we will only get £160, a massive £3.36 or thereabouts. And those not on the full pension will get even less..

Methinks they don't like us.

It doesn’t help when being interviewed they say they used the payment for essentials like holidays Christmas presents. I’m not saying there aren’t borderlinyPension Credit who need that payment. Comments like those above just re enforce this government policy

Last edited:
Top Bottom