The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I may have snoozed off there.

classic33

Leg End Member
Two questions.One,when heaven opened did you see anyone you knew,Q2 how heavy is rain has anyone ever weighed any.
1: Never saw it open, so can only speak for myself.
2: One inch of rain on a square foot of land weighs 5.20 pounds. One inch of rain on one acre of land weighs 113.31 tons. This means that someone has weighed rain.

classic33

Leg End Member
1. It was raining so hard that i couldn't see anyone at all.

2. Its heavy, very heavy although when it falls as rain it isn't, as each plop doesn't weight much at all.
1: An average raindrop weighs just 0.001 ounces (0.034 grams), according to the physics department at Union University in Tennessee. That’s less than an eyelash.

2: For typical rain drop sizes, falling speeds will range as shown below:

Drizzle drops fall roughly at speeds 0.7 to 2 m/s (2 to 7 ft/s) for drop sizes of Ø 0.2 to Ø 0.5 mm diameter.

Rain drops fall at speeds roughly 2 to 9 m/s (7 to 30 ft/s) for drop sizes of Ø 0.6 to Ø 4 mm diameter.

Larger drop sizes greater than 4 or 5 mm have been observed to fall at around 9 m/s (30 ft/s) and larger drops at up to 13 m/s (42 ft/s) but only in rare occurrences.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
1: An average raindrop weighs just 0.001 ounces (0.034 grams), according to the physics department at Union University in Tennessee. That’s less than an eyelash.

2: For typical rain drop sizes, falling speeds will range as shown below:

Drizzle drops fall roughly at speeds 0.7 to 2 m/s (2 to 7 ft/s) for drop sizes of Ø 0.2 to Ø 0.5 mm diameter.

Rain drops fall at speeds roughly 2 to 9 m/s (7 to 30 ft/s) for drop sizes of Ø 0.6 to Ø 4 mm diameter.

Larger drop sizes greater than 4 or 5 mm have been observed to fall at around 9 m/s (30 ft/s) and larger drops at up to 13 m/s (42 ft/s) but only in rare occurrences.

OK smart arse :laugh:

Top Bottom