The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Hi and welcome. Be careful, though. I used to be a lot younger when I first joined this group, and they have all led me astray.

I have just tried to join the Widows and Walking FB group, I have only just realised that I am a widower, I have not given it much thought until now, I do not expect to get invited to join.

Ohh...... Had not realised that. I can think of others as widower but now see that I am in that club.

Good morning, up at 4.15 for the airport run, back in bed by 5.15. Up now for the day, quiz tonight with friends who are feeding me before, so no cooking today. Have a good day everyone.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Flu jabs for us this morning and Covid jabs next Saturday.
MrsDs old red BSA Bantam has come up for sale again.
The chap she sold it to has done a bit of work on it, but hasn't changed its character. The nostalgia got too much and she's bought it back from him. Picking it up next week.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I consider every day to be a holiday and just do things as abd when I want. One day is much the same as another for me.

Ditto :smile:

The usual morning walk. Not particularly pleasant as it's cold, wet and windy here. I had all the gear on though. Waterproof jacket, over trousers and goretex shoes so I was dry underneath.

Shredded wheat and blueberries just finished and time for a mug of decaf now.

screenman

Legendary Member
I consider every day to be a holiday and just do things as abd when I want. One day is much the same as another for me.

That is how I try and treat things, there just seems to be a larger black cloud over my head at weekends, not a clue why.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Good morning all.
Listening to Tony Blackbum on the radio at the moment.
I will be pottering around the garden for a bit after the normal walk with the dog across the fields. Thundery showers are forecast for this afternoon so I might have to retreat to the Mitre for an ale or two.
MrsP is out for lunch with one of her friends so I've got a free pass for a few hours.
It's the Giro Il Lombardia today, the last big race of the year, so I'll catch up with that on the tellybox.
Enjoy your day everyone. 🍺

Can TP pull this one off? What a season he has had!

Tenkaykev

Guru
Top Bottom