The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mrs Exlaser has been a pharmacy technician/ checking technician for over 30 years She would tell you , no pharmacy only medication can be given out if a pharmacist is not on site. Even proscriptions that been picked, checked and bagged cannot be given out . It really is a industry no no , any one found doing this would be sacked and they would be removed from the professional register plus the company would face a huge fine . 😀

yes - I know

but also used to know one who did it
but that was a long time ago and I think he stopped when his business started to go a bit wobbly so he sold most of his shops to one of the big chains

It was a long time ago

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Did your husband have a say in it? And is he going to be involved in the painting?

He did not. And no. I have done all the cleaning and will do all the painting. Mr WD just did the manly thing of unscrewing brackets etc.

screenman

Legendary Member
I've just had my text from the NHS.
I'm going to ignore it, reasoning being...
I've never knowingly had covid despite formerly working in a very busy , fairly confined workspaces with lots and lots of agency staff etc, I figure if I couldn't get it there, I'm either naturally predisposed to not get it...or have been miraculously lucky.

Flu?...had it maybe 6 times in my entire life.

I've had bad reactions to the flu jab in the past...might as well have caught flu for how bad it made me.

I will probably regret the decision, but I'm not going to have it, partucually as i have two grandchildren to look after and no one else that can help at the mo.

I am starting to feel better already; I have had COVID-19 twice ( I always test when I start to suspect that I have it). Flu I have had at least twice, and both times put me in bed for nearly two weeks and I was another 8 to 10 recovering.
Covid took my wife or certainly helped too, you takes your choice I guess. Before going into hospital last December Pam who was not a cyclist would have no problems at all riding 20 miles at 14mph, running 10k in sub 55 minutes and seldom walked less than 20,000 steps a day, and was never more than a size ten.

RIght - Covid jab done

Bloke said that app had gone wrong and shouldn;t have allowed the appointment as the afternoon was blocked off all week
showed me the screen which had it blocked off as unavailable except fro 15 minutes when our appointment earlier had been

Now - if I was being cynical - not like me I know but... - I would say that if I had blocked off several days and forgot this one
then came back to find that someone had turned up saying they had an appointment
but would come back later
then I would block off everything I could except the area with the appointment and then I could explain it

but then systems DO sometimes go wrong I suppose (except systems I wrote when I worked in IT - they never went wrong but did occaisionally have undocumented features)

anyway - done now

now tea has to be thought about - SWMBO is muttering about baked potatoes

pawl

Legendary Member
A rest day today, I feel my body needs it. After collecting granddaughter from school yesterday I went for a wander around the roads leading down to Alum Chine and came across a small gardens " Skerryvore ", the site of the former residence of RL Stevenson until it was bombed during WW2. Evidently he wrote " Kidnapped " and " The Strange Case of Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde " whil residing there. It's quite overgrown and needs some tlc. The monument is a model of a lighthouse that was built by another family member.
View attachment 748631

View attachment 748632

I can’t remember which chine but I remember being on holiday with my parents would have been early fifties they had illuminations.Consisted of painted jars illuminated by candles.

Just seen this amazing article on the Guardian

Things that will change you life and make you healthier

stuff like switching from single use makeup remover wipes

and she found these amazing REUSABLE face cloths!!

and later on a pressure cooker that cooks in less time

what next a device with 2 wheels and some pedals that gets you places faster then walking??

screenman

Legendary Member
I'm having Oriental stir fry with Oyster sauce for dinner tonight. Before that, I had about two hours of sleep on the sofa; it did me no harm at all. Odd thing: normally, when I post something on Facebook, I get a good few replies. This morning, I posted that I was feeling rough and only one reply. You know who your friends are, and the Christmas pressie list is getting shorter.

Top Bottom