The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bonjour. The weather looks fine so far with no rain predicted so I intend to go for a ride later.
The work on the West Wing has come to a stop as Mrs G can't decide what colour to paint one wall and I am useless at colour schemes. When I suggest something , she says it won't go with whatever so I just agree with what she chooses.
Off to take Molly for a walk now.

Tenkaykev

Guru
A rest day today, I feel my body needs it. After collecting granddaughter from school yesterday I went for a wander around the roads leading down to Alum Chine and came across a small gardens " Skerryvore ", the site of the former residence of RL Stevenson until it was bombed during WW2. Evidently he wrote " Kidnapped " and " The Strange Case of Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde " whil residing there. It's quite overgrown and needs some tlc. The monument is a model of a lighthouse that was built by another family member.
IMG_6699.jpeg

IMG_6698.jpeg

So
Covid jab this afternoon for both of us

I have also put the travel cot and Peppa Pig Duvet on Freecycle and FaceAche to see if anyone wants them
apparently charity shops won;t take stuff like that - although the duvet and pillow covers would be OK

We shall see what happens - last things I put on Freecycle had zero response!

Oh - and we now have the winter duvets on the beds
personally I would have waited a few weeks - but it was worth doing all of them at once then the storage bags can go back in the loft for the winter

PaulSB

Squire
i am deliriously happy. So pleased we are going to do it one more time..............at least

PaulSB

Squire
Good morning. It's a beautiful day in Lancashire, dry, bright, sunny. I will work on the allotment later but first need to finish household chores. Obviously the main event of the day has already passed!! :laugh: A major item on m y agenda is to find Mrs P's teddy bear. It's in a loft box along with a lot of other precious stuff. There have been other similar requests or things Mrs P has done without remark. I feel I understand what's happening. It doesn't make me sad and I've decided it's best to say nothing.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Gorgeous day here now. Blue skies and sunshine.

I didn't get round to pottering. I have decided to paint the kitchen, so I've spent the last 3 hours cleaning the walls. I still have to do the ceiling but I've run out of cleaner,so will do that tomorrow when it comes.

I've ordered paint as well

Top Bottom