The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Squire
Another busy day...
Aside the normal day to day stuff...dog walked for 30 to 40mins.
Its a nice sunny day so make the most of it...washed and hand polished the car, gave it a quick clean inside.
Just gonna start preparing tea, pork slices, probably cabbage and carrots (get some stuff used out of the fridge) air fryer toast potatoes and gravy.
Appointment with the 8 yo grandaugher after school...helping her stay steady while she's learning to roller skate.

Slept very well last night, a very rare thing although I did wake around 1.30 am. I took inbrufen before I went to sleep with the aim it would neutralise the arthritis pain that wakes me up....it seemed to work 😀

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Gorgeous day here now. Blue skies and sunshine.

I didn't get round to pottering. I have decided to paint the kitchen, so I've spent the last 3 hours cleaning the walls. I still have to do the ceiling but I've run out of cleaner,so will do that tomorrow when it comes.

I've ordered paint as well

Gorgeous day here now. Blue skies and sunshine.

I didn't get round to pottering. I have decided to paint the kitchen, so I've spent the last 3 hours cleaning the walls. I still have to do the ceiling but I've run out of cleaner,so will do that tomorrow when it comes.

I've ordered paint as well
Did your husband have a say in it? And is he going to be involved in the painting?

gbb

Squire
Reaction to the Covid and flu jab, I was told it was likely.

I've just had my text from the NHS.
I'm going to ignore it, reasoning being...
I've never knowingly had covid despite formerly working in a very busy , fairly confined workspaces with lots and lots of agency staff etc, I figure if I couldn't get it there, I'm either naturally predisposed to not get it...or have been miraculously lucky.

Flu?...had it maybe 6 times in my entire life.

I've had bad reactions to the flu jab in the past...might as well have caught flu for how bad it made me.

I will probably regret the decision, but I'm not going to have it, partucually as i have two grandchildren to look after and no one else that can help at the mo.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I've just had my text from the NHS.
I'm going to ignore it, reasoning being...
I've never knowingly had covid despite formerly working in a very busy , fairly confined workspaces with lots and lots of agency staff etc, I figure if I couldn't get it there, I'm either naturally predisposed to not get it...or have been miraculously lucky.

Flu?...had it maybe 6 times in my entire life.

I've had bad reactions to the flu jab in the past...might as well have caught flu for how bad it made me.

I will probably regret the decision, but I'm not going to have it, partucually as i have two grandchildren to look after and no one else that can help at the mo.

Similar position to you, never knowingly had Covid but have had all the jabs.

No previous reaction (virtually nil) to previous flu & covid jabs.

Both booked for 9am this Saturday coming.

Exlaser2

Veteran
Just seen a message apologising that the wind speeds forecast is an error.Could have been hacked.

Do they ever get it correct .

It definitely has gone down hill since they stopped using the met office as it’s weather service provider a few years back.

As a sailor I spend a lot of time worrying about the weather ( too much wind, too little wind , wrong direction, is it going to rain, is it too cold etc etc lol ) . Or as Mrs exlaser says about me, too much time trying to find reasons not to sail. 😂
The best forecasts I have found are, The Met Office and XC weather. 🙂

Well we went for our Covid jab at 1:00
I have to say that it was the least painful vaccination appointment I have ever had

biut only because the Pharmacist had "gone off on his break"
and the young man behind the counter - and on his own - said to come back in 2-3 hours

Hmmm//

checked the appointment time and we were on time

I suspect he was covering more than one pharmacy and missed the appointment

If I was being suspicious I would wonder if any prescriptions had been filled while he was out

but I'm sure that never really happens

It definitely has gone down hill since they stopped using the met office as it’s weather service provider a few years back.

As a sailor I spend a lot of time worrying about the weather ( too much wind, too little wind , wrong direction, is it going to rain, is it too cold etc etc lol ) . Or as Mrs exlaser says about me, too much time trying to find reasons not to sail. 😂
The best forecasts I have found are, The Met Office and XC weather. 🙂

AT least with cycling it is easier

There is always a headwind - especially on the way home!

Exlaser2

Veteran
Well we went for our Covid jab at 1:00
I have to say that it was the least painful vaccination appointment I have ever had

biut only because the Pharmacist had "gone off on his break"
and the young man behind the counter - and on his own - said to come back in 2-3 hours

Hmmm//

checked the appointment time and we were on time

I suspect he was covering more than one pharmacy and missed the appointment

If I was being suspicious I would wonder if any prescriptions had been filled while he was out

but I'm sure that never really happens

Mrs Exlaser has been a pharmacy technician/ checking technician for over 30 years She would tell you , no pharmacy only medication can be given out if a pharmacist is not on site. Even proscriptions that been picked, checked and bagged cannot be given out . It really is a industry no no , any one found doing this would be sacked and they would be removed from the professional register plus the company would face a huge fine . 😀

Top Bottom