The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning, walked up to our local Nepalese restaurant for a takeaway. Left them my itemised order and a suitably sized insulated bag ( Waitrose branded, perfect size ) and adjourned to the local for a swift half. Walked back down the hill after remembering to collect my curry 😀 and tucked in. Highlight was the date and ginger naan bread.
Walking group this morning, the woods will be wet so we’ll keep to the trailway.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Cor, lummey Charlie...... Dark innit. Surprised to find it was 06.30 as it felt more like 2ish.
When I come round I will bake a loaf. Lunch will then be fresh bread with left over corned beef** and onion.
I highly recommend the Aldi packs of sliced corned beef. Very lean and tasty.
Speak again later.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning, walked up to our local Nepalese restaurant for a takeaway. Left them my itemised order and a suitably sized insulated bag ( Waitrose branded, perfect size ) and adjourned to the local for a swift half. Walked back down the hill after remembering to collect my curry 😀 and tucked in. Highlight was the date and ginger naan bread.
Walking group this morning, the woods will be wet so we’ll keep to the trailway.

How do you compare Nepalese curry to Indian curry?
Don't recall ever seeing such a restaurant/takeaway.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Cooooeee. 11 deg again here. And its shopping day for us again.

Stay safe peeps :hello:

My daughter shops online with Asda and it seems quite good. Therefor I have started to add some things that I want eg yesterday it was mushy peas** and chicken breasts.
**I find the Aldi ones too thick to enjoy.

Tenkaykev

Guru
How do you compare Nepalese curry to Indian curry?
Don't recall ever seeing such a restaurant/takeaway.
We find it more subtly spiced. The local restaurant ( 29029 ) is excellent, run by a husband and wife team along with a brother who is currently back in Nepal on holiday. They do the usual dishes, Madras, Pathia, Koorma etc but also regional Nepalese dishes. There's a Gurkha regiment just up the road in Blandford so that's probably why there's a few restaurants round here. I got invited to a meal with the Gurkhas once, top tip, don't try the bowl containing raw chillies just because everyone else is 😮.
Here's the set lunch:

IMG_6569.jpeg

IMG_6568.jpeg

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I did a shop online years ago, can't remember who it was with, but I wasn't impressed. Most of the item seemed to have a very short shelf life. I think they took all the stuff that no one in the shop wanted because of the time limit and sent it to me. Plus there were things that they had substituted because the thing I ordered was out of stock, but they were nothing like the item ordered. There were crazy things like instead of getting tomatoes I got a pack of lightnings. Slightly different :laugh:

I didn't do online shopping again

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Making a start on the Montesa crank seals this morning.
Should be interesting as no workshop manual is available.
I'll just have to wing it.
My neighbour went into hospital on Saturday due to pericarditis. He's hoping to be home today. Poor old soul has loads of health issues and he's only 67; makes me glad to be fit and healthy even though I'm nearly 3 years older. Odd how life treats some, eh?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I did a shop online years ago, can't remember who it was with, but I wasn't impressed. Most of the item seemed to have a very short shelf life. I think they took all the stuff that no one in the shop wanted because of the time limit and sent it to me. Plus there were things that they had substituted because the thing I ordered was out of stock, but they were nothing like the item ordered. There were crazy things like instead of getting tomatoes I got a pack of lightnings. Slightly different :laugh:

It’s been a few years since I did one too. I’d rather just pick what I want myself and be able to check shelf life.

Dave7

Legendary Member

I have never tried it and nor did Sue. I am happy to just add a few things to daughters list...... So far so good.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
Thundery showers for most of the day.

Sainsbury's are delivering the weekly goodies between 9 and 10. I have had a few problems with the deliveries, but generally they are quite good.

After this morning's dog walk I'll get the old Falcon out for a ride, it's been a while since I rode it, plus there are a couple of things to get from the high road. A new lightbulb for the oven and MrsP's prescription needs collecting.

Top Bottom