The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
It's gone dark here and I can hear the rain. I think this will be the weather we can expect for the foreseeable future.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
It's gone dark here and I can hear the rain. I think this will be the weather we can expect for the foreseeable future.

Yes, not looking great, and also turning much colder by Thursday.

IMG_0339.png

Dave7

Legendary Member
They are here, I put that on yesterday. I had a bad day and took to comfort eating and a few pints, back on the diet again this moring.
Think I said previously, with all that happened here I lost all desire to eat and whenever I did, it just came back again.
I Iost over 3 stone.
When I managed to start eating again I ate any junk that would stay down.
Things are more like 'normal' now, thank goodness.

Drago

Legendary Member
Yes, not looking great, and also turning much colder by Thursday.

View attachment 748120

The most annoying thing about middle England is the lack of real weather. It's either wet or dry, with not much else going on. Having spent my young years on Shetland I like a bit of wind, heavy squall, regular - if usually fairly light - snow throughout the winter. Down here it feels like Mother nature can't be bothered.

Dave7

Legendary Member
The most annoying thing about middle England is the lack of real weather. It's either wet or dry, with not much else going on. Having spent my young years on Shetland I like a bit of wind, heavy squall, regular - if usually fairly light - snow throughout the winter. Down here it feels like Mother nature can't be bothered.

Here we live in a sort of pocket with the Penine hills to the east and the Mersey to the west. We often go all winter with no snow or maybe a slight covering.
But we get our fair share of rain.

pawl

Legendary Member
Morning all :hello:

Well, today I find out if I've still got 'it' after not having ridden a trials bike for over 40 years.
Will load the Montesa onto my trailer, after breakfast, and drive up to Gupworthy (10 miles away) for the event.

View attachment 748103

Wish me luck!

Good luck Let us know how you get on

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all :hello:

Well, today I find out if I've still got 'it' after not having ridden a trials bike for over 40 years.
Will load the Montesa onto my trailer, after breakfast, and drive up to Gupworthy (10 miles away) for the event.

View attachment 748103

Wish me luck!

Not sure how to respond to that.
Of course I wish you success but my heart is a bit in my mouth.
Above all, stay safe.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Here we live in a sort of pocket with the Penine hills to the east and the Mersey to the west. We often go all winter with no snow or maybe a slight covering.
But we get our fair share of rain.

Where we are, we very seldom have snow due to be close to the sea but lots of rain. Yet, just 10 miles away, they get all the snow. Our winters are mostly wet and windy.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Morning folks :okay: My neighbour just got himself a brand new car and as i needed to collect a superser heater for sale, i asked him if he could drive me over...Anyhoo stopped in Co-op car park to pick up cash for said heater, got back into car and strangers voice said "i think youre in the wrong car" :laugh: hee hee i had got in and sat down in a complete strangers car!
I really have no eye for car recognition - theyre red ones blue ones white ones etc....:laugh:

That sounds exactly like Mrs @BoldonLad. If someone (ie children, friends etc) got a new car, she would tell, me, I would ask, "what make, model", to be answered by "it's a nice shade of green" (or whatever colour)

Top Bottom