The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. We have some rain again.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I just hopped on the Wattbike instead of going out and did one of the 10th anniversary rides.

IMG_0338.png

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
It's a bit overcast outside but there is no rain forecast until this afternoon.
I'll be out with the dog soon and I'll I'll possibly detour via a cafe for coffee and croissants.
For dinner I have 8 chicken thighs marinating in buttermilk, with various herbs, garlic and a big splash Worcestershire sauce. I'll coat these with seasoned flour later and bake in the oven. It goes really well with a fresh salad and herbs potatoes.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Morning folks :okay: My neighbour just got himself a brand new car and as i needed to collect a superser heater for sale, i asked him if he could drive me over...Anyhoo stopped in Co-op car park to pick up cash for said heater, got back into car and strangers voice said "i think youre in the wrong car" :laugh: hee hee i had got in and sat down in a complete strangers car!
I really have no eye for car recognition - theyre red ones blue ones white ones etc....:laugh:

PaulSB

Squire
Good morning. Bright, breezy and blue skies. All the kids and their families home for lunch today. Mrs P has made one of her magnificent lasganas. Her mother was Italian and she learned at the knee of a true Italian home cook.......................I sometimes think it's the reason the kids come home for lunch. :laugh:

Last night we went to Chorley Live. A great local event over two nights when venues of every imaginable type put on bands, singers, choirs etc. All amateur, all local. £5 for a wristband which gives entry to all gigs, all weekend. The town was buzzing...................you don't often say that about Chorley!! I bumped into our Lady Mayoress at one of the ukulele gigs. We laughed. The last time we saw each other was at a Springsteen gig in Cardiff!

Speaking of the man. Bruce is back, again, in May/June 2025. Tickets on pre-sale on the 10th and general sale on the 11th. Mrs P and I have hospital stuff on the 11th. Is it cool to surf Ticketmaster on the chemo ward? I think so!!!!! :laugh: I badly want to go again. We've put a ridiculously high limit on what we will pay for one last chance together. I'm not maudlin, please don't think this, but I'll pay just about anything for Mrs P and I to see one more gig. She struggled to Cardiff in May, sheer determination. I believe we will do it again.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning. It is grey outside, just about to head out for a jog around the neighbourhood. Mr Garmin suggests 50 minutes " base ". It monitors my heartrate and urges me to speed up / slow down to keep it in the recommended zone. I can remember when Polar first introduced chest straps for heart rate monitoring. They were, and still are the gold standard for accuracy as they read the electrical signals from your heart. Having said that, I'm amazed at how accurate the wrist worn optical monitors have become.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
A cuppa and ginger stem cookie has been consumed.
Dry at the moment but rain set to arrive mid day.
Daughter and granddaughter who have been in France all week arrive back today....... Along with grandson #1and his partner. I 'think' they are all staying tonight. I will find out when they tell me.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Good morning. It is grey outside, just about to head out for a jog around the neighbourhood. Mr Garmin suggests 50 minutes " base ". It monitors my heartrate and urges me to speed up / slow down to keep it in the recommended zone. I can remember when Polar first introduced chest straps for heart rate monitoring. They were, and still are the gold standard for accuracy as they read the electrical signals from your heart. Having said that, I'm amazed at how accurate the wrist worn optical monitors have become.

They are pretty good now on the whole, but with the occasional blip. I like my Polar Verity heart rate strap. I wear it on my upper arm which I find comfier than a chest strap.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning. Bright, breezy and blue skies. All the kids and their families home for lunch today. Mrs P has made one of her magnificent lasganas. Her mother was Italian and she learned at the knee of a true Italian home cook.......................I sometimes think it's the reason the kids come home for lunch. :laugh:

Last night we went to Chorley Live. A great local event over two nights when venues of every imaginable type put on bands, singers, choirs etc. All amateur, all local. £5 for a wristband which gives entry to all gigs, all weekend. The town was buzzing...................you don't often say that about Chorley!! I bumped into our Lady Mayoress at one of the ukulele gigs. We laughed. The last time we saw each other was at a Springsteen gig in Cardiff!

Speaking of the man. Bruce is back, again, in May/June 2025. Tickets on pre-sale on the 10th and general sale on the 11th. Mrs P and I have hospital stuff on the 11th. Is it cool to surf Ticketmaster on the chemo ward? I think so!!!!! :laugh: I badly want to go again. We've put a ridiculously high limit on what we will pay for one last chance together. I'm not maudlin, please don't think this, but I'll pay just about anything for Mrs P and I to see one more gig. She struggled to Cardiff in May, sheer determination. I believe we will do it again.

If it gives her pleasure then imo it's worth every penny.

Top Bottom