The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
17277296240757935226960922597023.jpg

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Had to laugh this morning.
Mrs D got up to make a cuppa, reached for her dressing gown and a mahoosive house spider, about two inches across, dropped out of it on her head - ran down her arm and disappeared up her nightie.
She was giggling like a little girl as it tickled her.
She was at great pains not to injure it and managed to catch before releasing it in the bathroom.
I asked he she had been traumatised by the experience.
She said she had been tickled pink. :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Mrs D got up to make a cuppa, reached for her dressing gown and a mahoosive house spider, about two inches across, dropped out of it on her head - ran down her arm and disappeared up her nightie.
She was at great pains not to injure it and managed to catch before releasing it in the bathroom.
That were mean.
Suppose she'd trood on it, whilst trying to catch it. You'd have to find another one.

Yea Gods
if that happened to my wife she would be screaming for me and ripping her clothes
off

errr

errr

if you find another one like it can you capture it and let me know????

I‘ve read quite a bit about fasting and how some scientists think it can clean out old dying cells which is interesting. There’s even a few supplements currently being touted as increasing longevity. No doubt something will materialise to do this at some point but too late for us. Not sure how the world would cope if we all lived to over 100 anyway.

I recently received a Facebook invitation to join the Royal Academy of Octogenarian Cyclists. Some of the distances ridden by members are way out of my league.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I felt nostalgic tonight so I went on Google earth and put in Orleans and the address where I grew up when I was 10 years old in the town centre. Gone is the cafe, grocery shop my mum was running. Gone is the butcher's opposite my mum's shop. Gone is the boulangerie at the end of the road. Gone is the other cafe further down. Gone is my friend's mother hairdresser's shop.
They say you should never go back to your youth but I felt I had to . I shall go to sleep tonight thinking about those carefree days. in 1960.
The irony is that the street is called Rue d'Angleterre ( England Road ) Little did I know then that I would be spending the rest of my life in the UK, so far away from my roots. Maybe I am an old sentimental fool but I miss those days tonight and my family.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all
It's a grey, cloudy and cool start to the day here. Rain is forecast for later on this morning.
Sainsbury's are delivering the weekly goodies between 9 and 10.
I will cook and pot of vegetable soup, thee are quite a few various bits of veg that need using up and soup is a good way of utilizing them.

Top Bottom