The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Made me chuckle. :laugh:

461268617_10160094089605778_4812295320332471681_n.jpg

Very sad , did they die racing on the track ?

That is correct

gbb

Squire
Retirement isn't coming easy for me (light hearted post)
Youngest grand daughtet has been a bit if a mare this weekend, quite stubborn, very prone to crying and it culminated in her getting her 8yo sisters play make up out and getting it all over their bedroom carpet...resulting in more tears when I told her off.
Should I have told her off ?..probably not but in that horror moment when you think a brand new carpet is fubared...

It did come out thankfully after half an hour of various bottles of this and that.

More crying this morning then as usual...suddenly stops and all is well with the world.
Kids eh ?

I'm still trying to find a routine where I can start doing stuff around the house. Court in two weeks for custody of the girls does play on the.mind a bit and affect sleep plus youngest does a mix of half and 3/4 days at playschool.
Still, i don't miss work one bit...never thought I'd say that.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Retirement isn't coming easy for me (light hearted post)
Youngest grand daughtet has been a bit if a mare this weekend, quite stubborn, very prone to crying and it culminated in her getting her 8yo sisters play make up out and getting it all over their bedroom carpet...resulting in more tears when I told her off.
Should I have told her off ?..probably not but in that horror moment when you think a brand new carpet is fubared...

It did come out thankfully after half an hour of various bottles of this and that.

More crying this morning then as usual...suddenly stops and all is well with the world.
Kids eh ?

I'm still trying to find a routine where I can start doing stuff around the house. Court in two weeks for custody of the girls does play on the.mind a bit and affect sleep plus youngest does a mix of half and 3/4 days at playschool.

Little kids ( and even little dogs and cats ) can try your patience . The world can be a strange place for little kids and we don't know what is going on in their minds. They can be a big puzzle but gentleness and patience is the way to go. Easier said than done

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Morning all, it is horrible outside this morning; my advice is to stay in bed.

We came to that conclusion too.

Arose at 11.27am.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
A decent innings.

Out of interest, what do us Oldies consider a decent innings?

85-90, reasonable health ie fully mobile & self-sufficient and no brain impairment. That will do me just fine.

I'd say 85 to 90 as well my mum was 101 when she passed away 2 years ago.

As long as I'm able to look after myself I'll be happy with 85 to 90.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

I do in some ways miss work.

My daughter is just about to start a great new job and I have immersed myself in the company culture, values and basic MO.

Partly, because I want to understand her new challenge, partly to offer any requested advice and partly because it is so very interesting.

I miss this part of my career plus all the planning and business development activity too.

On the other hand, I wouldn't go back.

Top Bottom