The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
Just enjoyed a cuppa and 2 ginger bickies, very nice.
A nurse is coming at 10 as a follow up to my stint in hospital. I know she wants to take bloods and my 1st reaction was no way!!! Last time they did that I ended up on 4 drips for 12 nights. Bad logic I know so I will go along with it.

Dave7

Legendary Member
It’s been scientifically proven that any hours of sleep before midnight are better for you. :smile:

My Mum used to tell me that**. She told me 1 hour before midnight is worth 2 after midnight.
**and that was some 65 years ago ^_^

Tenkaykev

Guru
Morning all.
Just enjoyed a cuppa and 2 ginger bickies, very nice.
A nurse is coming at 10 as a follow up to my stint in hospital. I know she wants to take bloods and my 1st reaction was no way!!! Last time they did that I ended up on 4 drips for 12 nights. Bad logic I know so I will go along with it.

Popped in to the local shop for the paper on Saturday. In their " Bargain Bin " were three boxes of their deluxe all butter ginger biscuits with bits of ginger in them. 50p per box so I snaffled them all. They are " Best Before " the end of the monthm but I'm already down to the last box 😁

Dave7

Legendary Member
Popped in to the local shop for the paper on Saturday. In their " Bargain Bin " were three boxes of their deluxe all butter ginger biscuits with bits of ginger in them. 50p per box so I snaffled them all. They are " Best Before " the end of the monthm but I'm already down to the last box 😁

My Bro, last week, brought me a box of M&S ginger stem cookies.
I have now finished my normal ones so will start on them tomorrow.

I'm up and I seem to have fixed the air pruifier

we have it due to SWMBO's breathing problems
but the last week or so (since we got back from holiday) it has been going crazy - on full power all the time and saying the levels of particles and allergens are super high

I have tried switching it off and on and all thta - and now I have resorted to the ultimate sanction

Yes - I read the manual

extreme I know - but sometimes a man has to do - and all that

so I read it - well bits of it

and it says to clean the sensor every 2 months
OK - maybe I should have read that bit when we got it a year or so ago???

anyway - it seems to be behaving now

Oh - and on the subject of breathing
if anyone - or their "loved one" is having trouble sleeping it might be worth getting tested for sleep apnea
apparently my wife has been stopping breathing 65 times AN HOUR while "asleep"
she now has a CPAP machine which blows damp air in her face all night through a mask
and she is coming down 3-4 hours earlier in the mornings and sounding awake instead of still asleep

WARNING - this sort of thing really cuts into the time you can spend watching cycling on teh telly!!!!

Dave7

Legendary Member
:hello: Morning I'm tired :tired:

Tired!!!!
You have only just got up :wacko:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Oh - and on the subject of breathing
if anyone - or their "loved one" is having trouble sleeping it might be worth getting tested for sleep apnea
apparently my wife has been stopping breathing 65 times AN HOUR while "asleep"

Apple have recently added this to their watch. Not sure how accurate but it might give some folks an indication.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
My Garmin watch tell me I had 5 hours sleep I'd like to know when as I have been awake most of the night.

I was in bed for around 6 hours but it didn’t seem impressed with the quality last night. Coincidentally, I ate too much in the evening. Always seems to affect my sleep.

Screenshot 2024-09-24 at 10.29.24.png

Top Bottom