The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Screenshot_20240918_122726_Facebook~2.jpg

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
You tried to catch the ladder!

Hell no. I would have taken a photo of the incident :laugh:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Just heard that neither Mrs Tkk or myself have got a place in need years GNR. Not too fussed, Mrs Tkk has done it and despite the wonderful atmosphere it's a bit too busy for my liking.
Added to that, accommodation will be really expensive as Peter Kay is in concert over the same weekend.
We've tentatively pencilled in the Edinburgh Half which is being held on 25th May next tear ( a couple of days after my birthday so a double celebration)
Daughter and her chap are doing the inaugural Kelpies run this coming weekend, sounds good as you run around the base of the Kelpies. Will await feedback and perhaps put that one on the list for next year.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Just heard that neither Mrs Tkk or myself have got a place in need years GNR. Not too fussed, Mrs Tkk has done it and despite the wonderful atmosphere it's a bit too busy for my liking.
Added to that, accommodation will be really expensive as Peter Kay is in concert over the same weekend.
We've tentatively pencilled in the Edinburgh Half which is being held on 25th May next tear ( a couple of days after my birthday so a double celebration)
Daughter and her chap are doing the inaugural Kelpies run this coming weekend, sounds good as you run around the base of the Kelpies. Will await feedback and perhaps put that one on the list for next year.

Have to say when I watched the GNR on tv I was surprised by how busy it was. Don’t think I would enjoy it. Busiest I did was the Glasgow Half. Even as a back of the pack runner I still felt we got going quite quickly.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Have to say when I watched the GNR on tv I was surprised by how busy it was. Don’t think I would enjoy it. Busiest I did was the Glasgow Half. Even as a back of the pack runner I still felt we got going quite quickly.
Mrs Tkk spent 20 minutes queuing for the portaloos in the pouring rain. She'd taken an old top as advised, as you're waiting a long time to get moving. People were hanging their discarded tops and jackets on the barriers as they set off, those still waiting who had come unprepared were rummaging through and donning them until they too set off. The Air Ambulance charity collected them all up after the final runners were under way.

Tenkaykev

Guru
On a ( slightly ) more serious note, when I caught COVID a few weeks back they prescribed the anti viral drug Paxlovid. The dispensing pharmacist phoned me and said to only take one of the white tablets that make up part of each dose due to my kidney disease. I wondered what he was talking about but I have just discovered I have chronic kidney disease. Apparently it's not much of an issue but it would have been nice to have been told. I had a quick look at a reputable website to see if there were any dietary things to avoid. It recommended low salt for a number of reasons, this is quite traumatic for a Marmite aficionado 😀

PaulSB

Squire
Good afternoon. A beautiful day here. Life is a touch hectic here today. We're off on holiday tomorrow so there's the usual round of last minute stuff to see to, packing, spot of hoovering and dusting, finish the washing, cancel the papers etc.

In more exciting news I popped down to my LBS first thing. We've specced the new bike and I'll be given the price when I get back from holiday. An order will then be placed. This is the frameset which will be ordered later today

Right, jobs to do. Catch you all later.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Hell no. I would have taken a photo of the incident :laugh:
You'd run back in for the camera!

Top Bottom