The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Morning all, a few dents to play with today which I am looking forward to. Have a great day everyone.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning. Grey, low cloud, mist, drizzle......................dreich is the word I'm looking for. It's been a good weekend. Saturday in particular at granddaughter's 1st birthday when we caught up with all the family and then in the evening at 75th drinks with longstanding and close friends. Excellent. I bought some smart new shoes for the occassion. From Skechers at Boundary Mill, very comfortable after almost 6 hours stood around. 👍

Today I have to track down insurance for our holiday. Some of the websites are confusing at best. I think I'll resort to traditional means and pick up the phone. This afternoon I have a u3a meeting which will involve a bit of a trek down the M65 to deepest east Lancashire, almost entering, but not quite, enemy territory.

I found "Insure with" really easy as they offered 3 choices, gold, silver or bronze.
Of course they may have changed things now.

PaulSB

Squire
I found "Insure with" really easy as they offered 3 choices, gold, silver or bronze.
Of course they may have changed things now.

Yes, I tried with them on Saturday and it worked really well and offered a decent price. I decided I would check again on Sunday to make sure I hadn't missed anything, this time the website refused cover. I'm very impressed with this company as they ask far more detailed questions than any of the others, which is why I wanted to check my answers. In my view with serious medical stuff a few blanket questions doesn't cover it. Mrs P is perfectly fit and healthy, there's no chance the cancer is going to result in a claim, which is why close questioning is so important.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
We got back from Croatia with no problems at all.
The decorators are here nice and early to paint the house. They reckon they will finish by friday.
It feels very autumn like this morning, quite cool and a bit damp after last nights rain.
I have found the first three ripe tomatoes on the plants, I am hoping for more as there are lots of unripe ones.

screenman

Legendary Member
I visit her infrequently myself , sometimes in the wee small hours , hope you're not jealous

It makes yoga easier for me. I tend to rush it a bit if I am not being instructed. Also, the benefits of doing it are huge. I had eight months off for various can not-be-bothered reasons. I have been back doing it every day for a few weeks now, and a lot of aches and pains have gone.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Fell a little better after walking Bruce, but will steer clear of caffeine today to be on the safe side.

I’ve been on decaf for well over a year now. I still get the occasional migraine but definitely fewer and not as painful as they used to be.

A chilly start here but blue sky and sun now. A pleasant walk along the riverside trail then a loop through the park done. Porridge with banana and a couple of chopped up prunes this morning. Big mug of Nescafe decaf next.

Top Bottom