The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Mrs Tkk braved the rain and completed her first GNR today. Her first half marathon in about 30 years since her knee replacement. She snuck in a few minutes under the three hour mark. She could have been a tad faster but got great enjoyment from " high fiveing " a load of youngsters along the way. ( plus she is in her 70's now, but I'm not supposed to mention that 😮

screenman

Legendary Member
Mrs Tkk braved the rain and completed her first GNR today. Her first half marathon in about 30 years since her knee replacement. She snuck in a few minutes under the three hour mark. She could have been a tad faster but got great enjoyment from " high fiveing " a load of youngsters along the way. ( plus she is in her 70's now, but I'm not supposed to mention that 😮

That is incredible, what a brilliant achievement. I will need two TNR operations in the future and that gives me hope, thank you.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously

Fair play to Mrs Tkk , she is SOME LADY to do the GNR in her 70's plus knee fixed , hats off to you m'dear :hello:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. Quite a bit cooler this morning. Our warm spell seems to be over.

Well done Mrs TKK. I would love to do another half. I need to get serious with some weight loss and pick up the miles again.

Tenkaykev

Guru
That is incredible, what a brilliant achievement. I will need two TNR operations in the future and that gives me hope, thank you.

A good friend of many years has had both knee joints replaced. He runs regularly and the surgeon encouraged him. One of the reasons he has done so well is that he worked really hard at the post op physiotherapy to get the maximum flexibility back into both joints.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
A good friend of many years has had both knee joints replaced. He runs regularly and the surgeon encouraged him. One of the reasons he has done so well is that he worked really hard at the post op physiotherapy to get the maximum flexibility back into both joints.

Yes, several of my pals have had knee replacements. Those which have been most “successful” are those who stuck with the physio.

Top Bottom