The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I am still in bed and without the energy to get up, it is one of the things that can be a bit worrying when living in your own.

Have to confess, it does cross my mind at times too. No family left that I am close to and I am not good at making or keeping friends so it worries me at times what my future holds. Just hoping and praying that I remain in good mental and physical health to look after myself until a decent age.

phillc

Veteran
Well, not a good day.
The labrador has gone to that great kennel in the sky. Passed away around midnight.
Drago will sympathise with that.
She was nearly 14 and went quite peacefully.
Family are all upset of course.
When younger she (the dog) was too boisterous for me and Sue but got more gentle as she matured.

😢 sorry for your loss. Our dog died just over a year ago. It was like losing a member of the family, so know how you feeling.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Well, not a good day.
The labrador has gone to that great kennel in the sky. Passed away around midnight.
Drago will sympathise with that.
She was nearly 14 and went quite peacefully.
Family are all upset of course.
When younger she (the dog) was too boisterous for me and Sue but got more gentle as she matured.

So sorry to hear that, we lost our beloved Bearded Collies (both lived to 16) just over 20 years ago, I was so devastated I’ve never had another dog since.

Oh dear. Not good Dave. I lost my dog a long time ago, but I wa so upset that I've never been able to have another. I wouldn't want to go through that again. 14 is a good age though.

Sorry to here that News Dave.

Horrible to lose a dog - I cried on and off for months afterwards.

Like others, I cannot go through it again.

Top Bottom