The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I've never had confused coffee before.

It thinks it is a Hot Chocolate.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Great night down in Watchet for the final events of the Summertime festival. Several bands playing on the Esplanade, street food, cider and a fantastic fireworks display.
Watchet was heaving last night - never seen so many people there.
Off to investigate the local trials club this morning. They've got a practice day at Allercott Pits, just up the road from us.
Sunday lunch at the Railway Inn. :okay:

PaulSB

Squire
Good morning. What a beautiful day it is here and I've slept despite being awake at 3.00am. A good combination.

A very good day yesterday. My boys won an exciting, entertaining game. Granddaughter #2 came to see us. All very good.

One more coffee and then I must stretch, 20 minutes on the exercise bike and then allotment time I think.

@Dave7 @numbnuts good to see you both seem better.

PaulSB

Squire
Well! That was a good a good cup of coffee and Facebook scroll.

I'm excited already. Before my encounter with tractor man I had planned to buy one of the remaining single seat tickets to see Springsteen at Wembley last July. That didn't work.

A few weeks ago I saw Steve van Zandt interviewed. He remarked "I think we could go on forever." Little Steve plays guitar in the E Street Band.

Friday night, live on stage in Philadelphia, the Boss: "We ain’t doing no farewell tour bullshit. Jesus Christ, no farewell tour for the E Street Band! Hell no! Farewell to what? Thousands of people screaming your name? Yeah, I want to quit that!”

The CC retirees shake their collective head, quietly humouring Paul. 🤣 What does 2025 bring? Another scramble for tickets, accommodation, perhaps flights. For some odd reason we've always wanted to see a show in Barcelona.

There's nothing like being 70 and feeling as excited about rock 'n' as you did at 30!!!! 😎

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Well! That was a good a good cup of coffee and Facebook scroll.

I'm excited already. Before my encounter with tractor man I had planned to buy one of the remaining single seat tickets to see Springsteen at Wembley last July. That didn't work.

A few weeks ago I saw Steve van Zandt interviewed. He remarked "I think we could go on forever." Little Steve plays guitar in the E Street Band.

Friday night, live on stage in Philadelphia, the Boss: "We ain’t doing no farewell tour bullshit. Jesus Christ, no farewell tour for the E Street Band! Hell no! Farewell to what? Thousands of people screaming your name? Yeah, I want to quit that!”

The CC retirees shake their collective head, quietly humouring Paul. 🤣 What does 2025 bring? Another scramble for tickets, accommodation, perhaps flights. For some odd reason we've always wanted to see a show in Barcelona.

There's nothing like being 70 and feeling as excited about rock 'n' as you did at 30!!!! 😎

He puts on a heck of a show doesn't he, really long and great value whatever the ticket prices are.

We don't listen to older music so much these days but when we do Bruce is on the agenda.

Tougher than the Rest is 'our song'.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Utterly foul day - hissing down and dark, heavy clouds. Very inspiring - not!

Heavy meal last night and my weight has hit the upper level of my allowable 'zone' - a half stone range that I stay in. Will take me a week to get back into the middle of it.

So, today is a planned rest day (one per week) ie no gym, treadmill, walking or cycling and will be very dossy.

Kindle day methinks as I am reading a terrific thriller. Rogue by Luke Phillips. The abstract sounds a bit corny ('Bigfoot' story) but it is so well written, 'feels' real, and is utterly absorbing. A bit creepy too!

Had a smashing late-nighter last night and apart from being heavy I feel pretty weary as well. Mrs SD on great form with her rendition of Paloma Faith's 'Sweatpants' - with appropriate dance moves.

Enjoy the rest of your day, all!

Top Bottom