The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Another weekend, these are tough for me, so if I come across grumpy at any point I apologise in advance.

Difficult innit.
As said, I enjoy SoTS but used to listen with Sue and find myself constantly thinking "oh Sue liked that one" or dredging up memories of where/when we 1st heard it.
My own fault for daring to be happy
Ours failed to arrive for around the fifth year in a row. Very sad.

We never get Swallow here. Used to get the odd Swift but no more.
Where we had our caravan on Anglesey we got, literally, hundreds and they weren't shy.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Not sure what is happening but daughter just made me a cooked breakfast and I scoffed the lot. Egg, toast, tomato, hash brown, haloumi and mushrooms.
Can't recall last time I managed that.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
We had a fantastic day out in Manchester yesterday.

Window shopping (although a new handbag snuck in somewhere!) and meal in the city centre and then to the Lowry Theatre in Salford to see Six, which was absolutely stunning.

Hard to take pic's in the theatre so no prizes for quality!

1000010221.jpg

Had a smashing time listening to some great music at high volume in the city centre - all controlled by the guy in the wheelchair (red t.shirt just to the right of the guy standing). Fabulous eclectic selection of tracks, Blues, Dire Straits, Tina Turner and some really up-to-date Banging Beats. The latter being right up our street.

1000010211.jpg

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I had to go to town to get some milk as we won't have enough to last until we go shopping on Tuesday. Mach was heaving with people and cars.

It's nice now. Blue skies and sunshine. The weather forecast said rain so I didn't bother putting some washing In the machine. Wish I had now.

We got some bread and will have the leftover pork and stuffing on a sandwich

screenman

Legendary Member
I just got a message from my middle son who lives in Provence that he got married this morning, the celebrations are on Thursday, his two brothers and their wives have gone down for it, whilst I have not. Way to early for me to deal with anything like that and I have given it plenty of thought.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I just got a message from my middle son who lives in Provence that he got married this morning, the celebrations are on Thursday, his two brothers and their wives have gone down for it, whilst I have not. Way to early for me to deal with anything like that and I have given it plenty of thought.

Lovely part of the world is Provence.
My "whole" family asked me to go away with them a few months ago but I couldn't handle it.

screenman

Legendary Member
Lovely part of the world is Provence.
My "whole" family asked me to go away with them a few months ago but I couldn't handle it.

A big bad day for me today Dave, this is not any fun is it.

Top Bottom