The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Squire
I just had to follow that link.......🤣

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
It's wild outside at the moment.
Strong winds and rain battering the window.
I'll attempt to get a haircut this morning. I went to my usual barbers on Wednesday, only to be turned away because I didn't have an appointment. He normally has a assistant working for him, but he said he was on his own at the moment, so has a booking system. There was one man in the chair, and no one else there but he couldn't fit me in.

There is an escape committee meeting this afternoon at the 🚂🛎

PaulSB

Squire
Hello all. Lilian has been knocking on the doors and windows all night. We didn't let her in. I feel she must be very cross as she's throwing buckets of water at the house now.

My u3a is holding its' annual Summer Celebration today. It's a little get together from 12.00 - 3.00. We have catered for 75! The forecast is bright, sunny and gusty by 12.00.........🤞. We may have surplus sandwiches.

I have some minor admin to deal with before heading out to collect the buffet. Tonight it's quiz night at the club.

I have time for another coffee and the crossword. Catch you all later. 👋

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. I had a long lie until I could hear the rain had finally gone off. It was heavy overnight. I must have eventually dozed off again and was quite surprised when I checked my watch and found it had gone 7.30. Probably the latest I’ve got up for a long time.

Hopefully get a little wander before breakfast. The wind is to get stronger again later.

Good morning all, a wet start, 40 mph gusts by mid morning. Another day for giving the bike a miss.

Saw a blue butterfly in the garden a couple of days ago, a first. Couldn’t get close enough to identify it but yesterday someone posted on FB referring to people seeing Holly Blues in gardens around here in last few days. So perhaps that’s what it was. Either way I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for another sighting.

Top Bottom