The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Last daughter is getting married in the morning. No fuss, no large expenses. Just registry office at 10.30 am with Bride and Groom, myself and Mrs G and that's all. Then, a meal in the evening at a local pub with about 30 guests. Who needs to spend thousands with all the glamour ? By the way, our daughter is 50 years old now so she just wants to mark the occasion without all the fuss.

Congratulations for tomorrow. Hope it goes well.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Yes, it was my attempt at humour
Calamari sounds more posh. :laugh:

F*** me

Just been looking in the local paper and there is an article about my Grand son;s school

It has been broken into and vandalised - material and stuff for a new trampoline has been stolen, general vandalism and graffiti

IT IS A SPECIAL NEEDS SCHOOL FFS!!!!!!

the trampoline equipment specifically for an accessible trampoline that all pupils can use
useless for anything else

Honestly -!!!!!

seems like they had raised the money via all sorts of events but luckily they hadn;t told the kids
so at least they won;t be arriving excited to see the new stuff

just wondering if they need any help with bad knees and no talent!!

I'm officially mad

Drago

Legendary Member
F*** me

Just been looking in the local paper and there is an article about my Grand son;s school

It has been broken into and vandalised - material and stuff for a new trampoline has been stolen, general vandalism and graffiti

IT IS A SPECIAL NEEDS SCHOOL FFS!!!!!!

the trampoline equipment specifically for an accessible trampoline that all pupils can use
useless for anything else

Honestly -!!!!!

seems like they had raised the money via all sorts of events but luckily they hadn;t told the kids
so at least they won;t be arriving excited to see the new stuff

just wondering if they need any help with bad knees and no talent!!

I'm officially mad

Scumbags. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their underpants.

Scumbags. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their underpants.

Big biting fleas - preferably infected with something nasty

And some good news on the education front

As some of you may remember - I was a teacher for many years -
last 3 I was an IT Technician and IT Teacher in a local Primary school

Anyway - in all that time there were several pupils that I worried about going forward
but the one I most worried about was called - well lets call him Fred (I never taught a Fred!!!)

Anyway - Fred was always in trouble - never much just not paying attention, messing about and stuff
often to be found sitting in the corridor after having been sent out

In my lessons with him I found that he could be managed as long as you gave him a job - anything - he just loved feeling that he was being helpful
He also loved Eddie Stobart lorries so I suddenly had a lot of teaching tasks that could involve lorries!
and I had a lot of note that had to be taken to the office quite often

but he was never the brightest spark in the bonfire
Fred's father - there was no mother around - had problems - stroke, lack of money - all sorts - and Fred was his carer - which didn;t help

anyway - he was the most helpful kid I have ever taught
VERY willing to help anyone

I was seriously concerned that a drug gang would find him a very useful courier
lot of stuff was passed on to Social Services

Anyway - he moved onto Senior School and I lost track of him

Anyway - I was looking around local school website today looking at GCSE and other results

and I found his name from a few years ago - he was in a group highlighted for special achievement from the local FE college
Qualification in Electrical Engineering!!
(not sure what the meant - HNC maybe??)

but anyway - sounds like he got on well and has got a way forward!!!!!

So pleased for him
although he probably doesn;t remember me much - if at all

screenman

Legendary Member
And some good news on the education front

As some of you may remember - I was a teacher for many years -
last 3 I was an IT Technician and IT Teacher in a local Primary school

Anyway - in all that time there were several pupils that I worried about going forward
but the one I most worried about was called - well lets call him Fred (I never taught a Fred!!!)

Anyway - Fred was always in trouble - never much just not paying attention, messing about and stuff
often to be found sitting in the corridor after having been sent out

In my lessons with him I found that he could be managed as long as you gave him a job - anything - he just loved feeling that he was being helpful
He also loved Eddie Stobart lorries so I suddenly had a lot of teaching tasks that could involve lorries!
and I had a lot of note that had to be taken to the office quite often

but he was never the brightest spark in the bonfire
Fred's father - there was no mother around - had problems - stroke, lack of money - all sorts - and Fred was his carer - which didn;t help

anyway - he was the most helpful kid I have ever taught
VERY willing to help anyone

I was seriously concerned that a drug gang would find him a very useful courier
lot of stuff was passed on to Social Services

Anyway - he moved onto Senior School and I lost track of him

Anyway - I was looking around local school website today looking at GCSE and other results

and I found his name from a few years ago - he was in a group highlighted for special achievement from the local FE college
Qualification in Electrical Engineering!!
(not sure what the meant - HNC maybe??)

but anyway - sounds like he got on well and has got a way forward!!!!!

So pleased for him
although he probably doesn;t remember me much - if at all

I bet he remembers you more than you think.

Top Bottom