The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
We had calamari and fries

I like them too

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Last daughter is getting married in the morning. No fuss, no large expenses. Just registry office at 10.30 am with Bride and Groom, myself and Mrs G and that's all. Then, a meal in the evening at a local pub with about 30 guests. Who needs to spend thousands with all the glamour ? By the way, our daughter is 50 years old now so she just wants to mark the occasion without all the fuss.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Last daughter is getting married in the morning. No fuss, no large expenses. Just registry office at 10.30 am with Bride and Groom, myself and Mrs G and that's all. Then, a meal in the evening at a local pub with about 30 guests. Who needs to spend thousands with all the glamour ? By the way, our daughter is 50 years old now so she just wants to mark the occasion without all the fuss.

Congratulations to her, hope she is very happy (and, if possible, the groom too ;) )

Dave7

Legendary Member

When our daughter got married (30+years ago) we offered them cash as against a reception. They turned that down.
I doubt they are in contact with even1% of the guests now.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

That's brilliant - best wishes to all!

Our wedding (second for each) was similar. Us two plus her sister & my brother at a registry office followed by a lovely meal in the evening. Perfect!

Wedding prices are ludicrous. Youngsters (brides) want to be Princesses for the day with all the attendant Insta' nonsense. All trying desperately to outdo each other.

One couple we know, not exactly well off by any means, went £30k into debt to fund their daughter's wedding. Utter madness imo.

And don't get me started on the hypocrits who want the church wedding rollocks when they are non-believers. How anyone can go through that charade if they have no Faith is beyond me.

Enjoy yourself! 👰🤵❤️

Top Bottom