The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Squire
Good day. Blowin' up a hoolie. It's another day when I look out the window and think Summer???

I'm doing bits and pieces so far. Once that's done I'll get the hoover out and do bigger bits and pieces. With luck I'll get an hour or so on the allotment. That is about all I can think of that is in anyway interesting!!! :laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
:hello: Morning I feel a bit better today, I hope I stay like this until dinner time as I'm going to cook cod and parsely sauce, mashed pototes, carrots and spinach, the spinach could help me like it did Popeye :laugh:

Glad to hear that Mr NNs.
Personally I can't eat white fish with mashed potato..... Too many childhood memories.
Had fishcake with baby spuds t'other night and enjoyed that.
Anyway.... You enjoy your lunch.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Walked up to the Co-op for a few things. The town is busy with the hordes descending for the games. Obviously some seasoned veterans carrying rugs, folding chairs, picnic, etc. I also saw a couple with bikes outside the Co-op with full panniers and asked them if they were going far. They are on a LEJOG so I suppose they must be at least two thirds of the way there now.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
:hello: Morning I feel a bit better today, I hope I stay like this until dinner time as I'm going to cook cod and parsely sauce, mashed pototes, carrots and spinach, the spinach could help me like it did Popeye :laugh:

👍 Good News!

PaulSB

Squire
I've been awake since 2.00am. Aching shoulder. I'm nackered. Mrs P has gone walking, the house is quiet and no one is cutting grass outside. Early lunch followed by snooze is in order.

I discovered last night it's widely known locally who knocked me down. I haven't told anyone for fear of prejudicing my claim. A friend is married into a local farming family. She heard of the crash and found out who the driver was on the same day. Took me a week! 🤣 Fortunately not her family. There are a number of small scale farmers locally so they will all know each other. The comment was "he may never drive a tractor again." I think this is a choice, not a legal or insurance issue.

Top Bottom