The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’ve just noticed the Vuelta kicks off at 4 with the time trial. I’ll stick that on.

The shinty was excellent. Have started watching the Vuelta but it’s not grabbing me.

I used to live next door to someone with a camper van

They used it a lot every summer - all over Europe
most trips were based on getting across the channel and checking the news and weather and turning left or right depending on where the French were striking and blocking road at that time

It was great for them as they both have food intolerances but they didn;t overlap at all
so being able to shop personally and cook it themselves helped a lot

For example - he could drink white wine but not red - she could drink red wine but not white

she did find out that she was actually fine with white wine but only if it was expensive!!!!!!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
The general UK insect population has been decimated by pollution, climate change, habitat destruction and agricultural pesticide.

Honey bees are doing OK. It's solitary bees, mainly bumble bees, which are in big trouble with a 90% decline in population. Of the European species 25% are threatened with extinction.

I'm a big fan of bees and insects in general. This is why I let my allotment grass grow to flowering height.

A general cold, wet period does have a short-term impact.

Yes. I've noticed that I only saw 4 or 5 bumbly bees. Not good at all.

Right - grand kids are dumped taken back to their loving parents after staying overnight

They were good - as usual - little one (3) was a pain at first crying for no reason, refusing to say why and refusing everything except chips for breakfast (which I refused!!!!)

eventually I changed his drink to blackcurrent and he had a big drink of it
then demanded raspberries - which we are out of so more crying

after that was sorted out he was fine - no clue what was wrong with him

middle one - who has "problems" - was fine - behaved great
oldest was helpful and generally good

but Gods they are exhausting!!

anyway - I think a beer may be coming my way in a while once dinner has gone down a bit!!!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Market Park all ready for the games tomorrow.

IMG_0325.png

Top Bottom