The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeIow

Guru
We thought about a camper when we retired. The thought was long, lazy summers touring the continent. We identified two potential issues:

£50,000 buys a lot of B&B​
Divorce is even more expensive than a van​
Heh heh! Very true.
I think that is what has stopped us getting one.
That, & the fact I want a TARDIS van: small on the outside, but with en suite and space on the inside 🤣
Luckily we still camp happily for festivals, so could chuck that in the boot for nights away!
Enjoy the van, Drago, I think the colours are quite distinctive 👍

Heh heh! Very true.
I think that is what has stopped us getting one.
That, & the fact I want a TARDIS van: small on the outside, but with en suite and space on the inside 🤣
Luckily we still camp happily for festivals, so could chuck that in the boot for nights away!
Enjoy the van, Drago, I think the colours are quite distinctive 👍

Meanwhile in Verona there is this.

Attachments

• l32vcsn4szo06vhfe8a8em4uux7_2000.jpg
    l32vcsn4szo06vhfe8a8em4uux7_2000.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 12

PaulSB

Squire
Hello. It's still dark but my friend at the Met Office has messaged to say it will be fine with the chance of showers.

Small person is still asleep upstairs. I'm hoping for another hour before she wakes. I'm not quite in Granddad mode yet. We did 3¾ hours at the local play park yesterday. We're both nackered. At the end we had to say goodbye to the ducks..........each one individually ❤️🤣

#3 son will pick her up at lunchtime and I'll do some allotment work.

We've made the shed decision. The lady at the suppliers says we're ordering an Apex Summer House. I've bought a shed. I'll apply for planning permission soon. It's a direct replacement but we have a complaining neighbour. We live in a Conservation area covered by an Article 4 Direction which means planning is needed for everything. In years gone by people were pragmatic. If someone was following the rules, no one worried. New guy arrives and people start getting letters from the local planners requesting retrospective applications. This is going to cost me £400. I wouldn't dream of doing something which damages our local environment. No one speaks to this man.

Our allotment is separated from our garden by about 12 - 15' feet of land. Two separate title deeds. This means the allotment shed falls outside of our curtillage and different rules apply.

Good morning all, cool and breezy and a little damp here, our days of warm temperatures seem to be over. Saw two swifts over the house yesterday, the first for over a week. Wondering if they will be the last.
Vuelta starts today.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Cooooeeeee. 11 deg here but I believe it will be another nice day later on.

I have been bitten by 2 unseen bugs, one of each foot. The 1 is OK but the other 1 is itching like crazy. MUST. NOT. SCRATCH IT. :cursing:

Sometimes the itching seems to go on for ever and it’s so hard not having a good scratch but it usually makes it worse.

Pleasant riverside trail done and the weather is to stay decent today and tomorrow for our Highland Games. Not that I bother with them. I went a couple of times years ago.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Sometimes the itching seems to go on for ever and it’s so hard not having a good scratch but it usually makes it worse.

Pleasant riverside trail done and the weather is to stay decent today and tomorrow for our Highland Games. Not that I bother with them. I went a couple of times years ago.

I can confirm that. Scratching does in fact make it worse. :laugh:

Top Bottom