The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Night all, another tough day behind me.

PaulSB

Squire
Ah ha! First. Quelle surprise! 'Tis still dark but the wind is howling. 13 gusting to 32 forecast today. Somehow I've managed to miss checking in for a couple of days. Apologies, it's been hectic.

All my dressings, splints, etc. are off. This is great, my movements are hugely improved. The downside is bits of me ache a lot at night which is why I'm awake at 5.00am. Hrrmmmphhh.

Meeting one cycling buddy for coffee at 12.00 and another at 2.00pm. Good thing I'll be driving as these cafes are not close.

Small person came on Wednesday. She bought guinea pig with her. Guinea pig got left behind. On Thursday small person phoned, quite upset. She was worried guinea pig would be lonely at night. Granddad promised to take guinea pig to bed with him on Thursday night. 🤣

Tonight it's the mighty Rovers. The faithful return to worship at the temple of football known as Ewood Park. "The Blues are going up!!!".............well till the end of the month at least. Once again my heart and soul are filled with hope. My head says we really haven't got a clue how this season will pan out.

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Another early riser, I've been checking the overnight footage from the Hedgehog feeding station and other wildlife cameras that monitot their activities. At one stahe there were two at the same feeding bowl. Still got a full house but I'm off to Dorchester for a meet up and a couple of pints.

IMG_6295.PNG

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. Looks like a windy day for us with showers. Not sure I want to walk far anyway. I think I need to book an appointment with a podiatrist. I have a couple of annoying corns. One on the sole of my right foot and one on the side of my 4th toe on my left foot. Any home remedies before I spend another £40 in which is already an expensive month?

Top Bottom