The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning, It's grey and drizzly and Mrs Tkk has just headed off for a four mile run. We both have physio at 13:00, we keep a regular monthly treatment / checkup which keeps things ticking over and nips any potential problems in the bud. ( also reassuring to know that my knee problems aren't joint related and are muscular / ligament )
The other piece of good news is that the new Hedgehog hotel has an occupant. The repurposed security camera caught Mrs Tiggywinkle heading out at 23:37 last night ( and a couple of the neighbourhood cats on their nightly schedule.
Have a peaceful day folks ☕️👍

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Enjoyed an hour on a Zwift group ride so off for a nice soak in the bath now.

Still dry and overcast here so hopefully get another little walk after lunch.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning, It's grey and drizzly and Mrs Tkk has just headed off for a four mile run. We both have physio at 13:00, we keep a regular monthly treatment / checkup which keeps things ticking over and nips any potential problems in the bud. ( also reassuring to know that my knee problems aren't joint related and are muscular / ligament )
The other piece of good news is that the new Hedgehog hotel has an occupant. The repurposed security camera caught Mrs Tiggywinkle heading out at 23:37 last night ( and a couple of the neighbourhood cats on their nightly schedule.
Have a peaceful day folks ☕️👍
Can you tell me/show me which hedgehog house you went for.
I have been looking but there are so many and the prices vary so much

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
It's a bit damp and drizzly out there today.
I've just repaired dopey Dave's bikes from next door again. None of his bikes are anyway half decent. I think he gets them out of skips. Two of them needed new tubes, and one of them both? the valve cores had come loose, but this bike really should be scrapped. A couple of years back he somehow managed the snap the rear axle and it bent the chainstays. I rebuilt the hub and told him about the frame.
I need to have a serious word with him.

We have the grandkids

there was a perfect example of what life is like with kids

I got the 3 year old (nearly 4) his porrige this morning. Annoying 11 year ol wanted bacon sandwich so I did that plus something for the 7 year old
and me
so the porrige was marginally cooler than normal

He started to eat it and had half of it - then complained that it was "cold now"
It was only coolish
but he wanted it warmed up so I stuck it in the microwave for a few seonds so it was warmer

he started eating it again - had to mouthfuls then looked at me and said he wanted it cold again

sigh

anyway - we have been out for a walk through the deep dark wood and looked for Gruffalos and Bears
did see some bears - but the kids think they were probably dogs

anyway - started with 3 kids
ended with 3 kids

probably the same ones - but as long as the maths works that is OK
I wasn;t a teacher for nothing!!!!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
We have the grandkids

I got the 3 year old (nearly 4) his porrige this morning. Annoying 11 year ol wanted bacon sandwich so I did that plus something for the 7 year old
and me

He started to eat it and had half of it - then complained that it was "cold now"
It was only coolish
but he wanted it warmed up so I stuck it in the microwave for a few seonds so it was warmer

he started eating it again - had to mouthfuls then looked at me and said he wanted it cold again

sigh

anyway - we have been out for a walk through the deep dark wood and looked for Gruffalos and Bears

ended with 3 kids

I knew from a young age I never wanted kids! I really have no patience for them. I’d probably have ended up in the jail as an inmate rather than an officer. :laugh:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I knew from a young age I never wanted kids! I really have no patience for them. I’d probably have ended up in the jail as an inmate rather than an officer. :laugh:

I didn't mind my own kids, but I was never keen on anyone else's, and now I'm so glad all my kids and grandchildren are all grown up.

I just Hope I'm too old to look after any great grandchildren that may be born.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
We had ham and chip butties today.

And the weather is still rubbish

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
We have the grandkids

and me

It was only coolish

sigh

ended with 3 kids

My brother, an ex-teacher, like yourself, I believe, has a term for such children, he calls them "LOW" children ;)

TO be honest I never wanted kids - ended up with one by "accident" that I suspect was no accident (long story!)
but all this feeling of wanting children and even being desperate for them - is totally foreign to me

and now have my wife's grandkids as grandkids

seems like I am "good with kids" and they generally like me and accept them if I insist on rules.

but I have no real feeling of wanting kids of my own - but I like the ones that appear

grandkids are clearly better as you get to give them back!

Top Bottom