The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Supposed to reach 23 deg here as well. Nice and sunny. :sun:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Some nice people around.
Mark, my SiL told one of his clients about my fall.
She cut a piece of fresh bran loaf, wrapped it up and labeled it to me.
I am not a cake lover and bran loaf is quite heavy as it like a fruit loaf.
But it does taste nice and is juicy with loads of fruit.
I am having a small portion right now.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Finished clearing up after our guests left.
Did an hour in the workshop reassembling a Husqvarna strimmer that had been gifted to me.
Got it starting and running sweetly, cleaned it up thoroughly and put it on FB for 40 quid.
Sold in less than 2 minutes!
Just started working my way through the next one - an old Stihl that's looks a sorry state, but compression and ignition are good so it should be a straightforward fix.

Up early - for me anyway - and watched the TdF
so decided I had time to go for a ride before lunch

Got to the half way point - AKA the furthest point from home and I was just drifting down from "The Dream" - people who drive along the M62 can see it to the SOuth, it looks like a knob - and suddenly there was a loud hissing
Yup puncture - very significant from the noise!!!

Anyway - went back to the knob Dream so I could fiddle in the shade and also sit down and fix it
looks like a bit of gravel went through the tyre and tube and dropped out again
easily fixed once I was sure there was noting left in the tyre

anyway
Thing is that this tyre was replaced by the LBS because the front type "was worn out"
well OK - it was a bit worn - but it was OK
and anyway I like to choose what make and model I use
It was Schwalbe - but I would have chosen some kind of Marathon to prevent a puncture!!!!!!

I do suspect that he often replaces something smallish when he does something like a "service" so he can charge me a bit more
and this time it was the tyre

which is annoying

I am taking SWMBO to the Hair and beauty place the LBS manager's wife runs - nd as it is next door to the LBS I will nip in and get some good to prevent it happening again
not really worth changing a new tyre for a Marathon2 - especially as it is on the front

but annoying!

Dave7

Legendary Member
Life is a bugger.
Just had a phone call to say they want me in hospital TODAY !!!.I told them no chance..... I need some warning.
Doctor is now phoning daughter to try and get her to change my mind.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Life is a bugger.
Just had a phone call to say they want me in hospital TODAY !!!.I told them no chance..... I need some warning.

I wouldn't mess about, they must think whatever the problem is, it must be serious.
Pack your jim jams and wash kit, turn everything off, lock up and get down there.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Life is a bugger.

Dave. Please, just go. You know it makes sense.

Hoping it all turns out well for you.

screenman

Legendary Member
Life is a bugger.

Get your butt down there, no excuses. You are lucky I am not a bit nearer otherwise you would be in my car by now and on the way there. You are a very important member of this group; your posts often put a smile on people's faces, we need people like you who have the magic to cheer others up.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I wouldn't mess about, they must think whatever the problem is, it must be serious.
Pack your jim jams and wash kit, turn everything off, lock up and get down there.

I am on my way.
Doc says my situation is life threatening.
They are going to put me on a drip and other stuff...... couldn't take it all in as my head was/is spinning but figures they gave me were astronomical.

pawl

Legendary Member
I am on my way.
Doc says my situation is life threatening.
They are going to put me on a drip and other stuff...... couldn't take it all in as my head was/is spinning but figures they gave me were astronomical.

Pleased to see you changed your mind.I’m sure they wouldn’t have called you in if it hadn’t been important.Hope all goes well.

Top Bottom