The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Morning all, I have just woken up with cramp in both calves.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
A radio and TV day.
I very seldom watch daytime TV but the Scotish open golf is on.
I used to play golf twice a week and would watch all TV golf (both men and womens) then when I could no longer play I fell out of love with it.
Golf is from Royal Troon......such a difficult course it would be impossible for the average player to play it.
If I may borrow a phrase....sithi later.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
I'm back from the far north, Carlisle in fact.
The trip over the Settle and Carlisle line was as spectacular as expected. The weather was really good and the views up on the top of the Pennines were wonderful.
Today will be grass cutting day as it's going to be dry and sunny.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Another sunny day.
Clearing up after our guests this morning, then I might nip into the workshop and reassemble the Husqvarna strimmer that I stripped last week.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
We have stayed up all night and missed sleep altogether.

Looks like a nice day is in store for us.

Have decided to have a mooch/coffee/juice in Kendal then a good doss this pm reading followed by a mini-feast of 'picky bits' tonight with some expensive plonk and see where we go from there.

Have a fab' day all.

Exlaser2

Veteran
Off to Kingston today in a hired van to clear out my daughter’s student digs. Should be fun!

Well you’ve picked a lovely day for it , but I think you might wish it was a little cooler by the time you have finished.
I remember doing than , the last time was when our daughter finished her masters in 2020 and we put loads of stuff in the loft. When we had finished she said, don’t worry dad, I will get my own place as soon as I can .
Four years later the stuff is still in the loft and she is still at home 😂😂😂😀😀

In all seriousness, a lot of people of our generations don’t understand how difficult it is for young people to get on the property ladder. Plus we do like having her at home most of the time, after all who else will sort out our IT problems 😀😀

Exlaser2

Veteran
Morning all .
I don’t think I am going to be doing much today .
Popping out to get mrs exlaser trophy that been engraved is my only job this morning then it will be feet up watching the tour.
Normally if it was this hot I would have a beer too but as I am being a good boy at the moment I will give it a miss and have a glass of wine or two this evening instead. 😀
Have a good day everyone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom