The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Or very small steps being taken!

My steps are large one what with a 32 inch inside leg

classic33

Leg End Member
Mrs Tkk are having an unplanned night at the Premier Inn at Southampton airport. Our routine train journey from Waterfront to Poole got as far as Eastleigh, due to a signalling outage there sre no trains further south. There was a humungous group of people milling around waiting for rail replacement buses and the Station staff were overwhelmed. Mrs Tkk attended Southampton university and knows the area reasonably well. We went online and quickly booked a room for the night, jumped on the Brommies and cycled to the hotel. Dinner booked for 5:30 as we're famished. Hopefully the trains are back running in the morning 🤞
What's wrong with cycling home?

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Where'd the old one go?

The New Forest was formally designated by William the Conqueror in 1079 so it is now nearly 1,000 years old. Why is the New Forest called the New Forest? William the Conqueror created it as his 'new hunting forest' naming it 'Nova Foresta', which evolved into its English name meaning 'New Forest'.

screenman

Legendary Member
Loughborough my home town .My local pub was the Generous Britain on Ashby Road
Had my first plnt there aged18

You were extremely law abiding, I had my first pint in a pub at 15, I looked old for my age, now people are telling me I look younger than I am, it could be because I am quite fit and not overweight, or it could be them just being nice to me. But this is Lincolnshire and a lot of folk are very old at 50.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
You were extremely law abiding, I had my first pint in a pub at 15, I looked old for my age, now people are telling me I look younger than I am, it could be because I am quite fit and not overweight, or it could be them just being nice to me. But this is Lincolnshire and a lot of folk are very old at 50.

15 for me too, same age as that other important (or at least it seemed important at the time) first.

Both somewhat underwhelming tbh. :whistle:

Top Bottom