The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I used to own a real proper bow with real arrows and a target board.
I was never any good......and it can really hurt your fore arm when the string hits it.

I had the bow, arros and all the gubbins
well - not everything - I didn;t have long balance weight going forward and backwards
but I did have a thingy to protect my arm and another things to hold the bowstring with - and a decent sight

Problem is that I never stand still - I always sway a bit
when I was a teacher the kids noticed because my feet were at strange angles as my balance is "unusual"
which means I can stand on a windsurfer and other such stuff on waves because my brain is used to dealing with wobbling
but for things like archery and golf you need a strong and stable stance

I could hit the target at 60m - mostly - beyond that and I was just searching for arrows in the long grass
(note - hitting the target means simply on the big round thing somewhere - I left the pretty yellow bit in the middle pristine!)

anyway - I suspect I accidentally left it all in the attic of my first house when I sold it - as far as I know it could still be there!

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Second walk of the day, getting like Mo but without the tick :laugh:
I've taken loads of ticks from dogs and I have tools in my first aid kit at home and in the car as well.

classic33

Leg End Member
I went clothes shopping in a big clothes store that sold household item on the first floor and clothes on the ground floor, I bought a kitchen sieve for £2.95. I am not very good at shopping, despite having a very good income I am useless at spending money on myself.
You walked past the clothes without seeing them?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Even I didn’t manage to decipher that one! :laugh:

Nice now after a bit of overnight rain. Just the riverside trail this morning. Not sure what the rest of the day holds as no doubt the usual haunts will get busy being the weekend and decent weather.

I remember now. It was Waze will be my friend today. :laugh: :laugh:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I went clothes shopping in a big clothes store that sold household item on the first floor and clothes on the ground floor, I bought a kitchen sieve for £2.95. I am not very good at shopping, despite having a very good income I am useless at spending money on myself.

We had a proper poor upbringing the pair of us here.

Conditions you for life not to spend. Can't change it either.

Even though I fully understand the 'you can't take it with you' mantra; even that has no effect!

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Kota postponed until tomorrow night now as one guest is nursing a hangover from last night. I shall take Molly for a walk instead.
My wife asked me if I don't get bored being on my own all day ( she was out most of the day). I said no as I enjoy my own company and can do things at my own pace. I worked for 45 years with other people and quite enjoy the solitude now when she is out some where. In any case , I have Molly for company too.

screenman

Legendary Member
We had a proper poor upbringing the pair of us here.

Conditions you for life not to spend. Can't change it either.

Even though I fully understand the 'you can't take it with you' mantra; even that has no effect!

Pam and myself along with our two month old son were made homeless at 17 and eighteen, proper homeless like on the street, it was my work efics and Pams support that got us out of the pit over the next years, and now I am comfortable, but old habits and all that stuff, along with maybe a fear of going back to those times.

Top Bottom