The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
God I hate summer. Thought my ankle was itchy and looked and a bloody tick in it.

I don't recall reading of anyone from my area being affected but I know some areas of Scotland are and it can be a very bad thing.

We always had dogs when I was a kid - mostly spaniels

however they only managed to get a tick once - I remember my Mum just touched a lit cigarette to its tail end and it let go

dunno if this is a recommended technique - apart from the whole smoking thing obviously

Anyway - I was planning a ride today - was going to try to work out why Strava has failed to log my last 2 rides while I was at it

Anyway - turns out that we are taking the grand-daughter indoor climbing instead

SWMBO has also found an archery club since she was asking about it when she came back from a school trip
dunno why she keeps being interested in the few sports I have tried and KNOW I am totally unsuited to !!!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I’ve lost the removal tool I had for the dog I think so just had to do my best with tweezers. Not sure if I’ve left a bit in. I’ve sent away for another tool.

You need needle point tweezers then a dab of tea tree oil. You have probably left the head in if you used ordinary tweezers.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Anyway - I was planning a ride today - was going to try to work out why Strava has failed to log my last 2 rides while I was at it

Anyway - turns out that we are taking the grand-daughter indoor climbing instead

SWMBO has also found an archery club since she was asking about it when she came back from a school trip
dunno why she keeps being interested in the few sports I have tried and KNOW I am totally unsuited to !!!

I used to own a real proper bow with real arrows and a target board.
I was never any good......and it can really hurt your fore arm when the string hits it.

Top Bottom