The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
It's a hard life being a dog.
20240621_155330.jpg

Tenkaykev

Guru
Cycle ride from Waterloo to Kensington & Chelsea was a bit challenging, Mrs Tkk was following the route she'd loaded on her Garmin but a road closure meant rerouting so we winged it. Knee is giving me gip but son is on some prescription strength paracetamol and Codeine which has taken the edge off. Still got to cycle to our hotel, might rethink parkrun in the morning.

classic33

Leg End Member
Went for a ride this morning - just to the airport - so about 16-17 miles (not sure because Strava didn;t record - again - dunno why)

anyway

I did something

SO - I got to the airport observatiuon area - narrow road leading to the flying schools - grass in the runway side and gravel parking on the right

After a bit the left bit opens up to more gravel for parking and making views of the runway and executive/private aircraft area

Anyway - as I was approaching the wider area there were 3 older (i.e. my age) blokes walking quickly along the gravel bit carrying cameras with big lenses and small ladders
There was also a small passenger aricraft (2 prop driven so not Taylor Swift - also not orange!!!)
the blokes were by now angling diagonally across the road bit in line abreast - hence taking up the whole road

I slowed down and rang my bell and 2 of them changed course a bit to make way
The third carried of deliberately walking down the middle of the road with his ladder
so I slowed down some more and rang my bell again

one of his mates yelled "BIKE"
He turned and saw me only 3-4 meters from him

and VERY grumpily growled
"Where's you bell"

Now - when someone says stuff like that I always come up with the perfect response
normally about 10 minutes later

This time

I DID IT!!!

I pointed at my nice shiny - and quite large- bell and said "It's here"
and gave it 3 full rings - it is a ding-a-ling-a-ling type so not just a small ding

he carried on in the grumpy mode saying "It's not very loud (It is!) so I pointed at the other 2 and said
"I rang it twice"
pause
"and those 2 heard it first time!!!"

Bet he reads the Daily Mail
Be grateful.
He could have asked to play with it!

Gunk

Guru
Good to hear that.

Sorry?

Top Bottom