The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I’m currently 6.8 miles into my walk. I got a bit carried away and kept climbing. A few miles to go to get home. I my excess weight made that climb so much harder than it should have been.

IMG_1117.jpeg

Tenkaykev

Guru
There's a very large building in the centre of Poole that used to be the headquarters of Barclays International. It's been empty for a while and planning permission for conversion to housing has recently been granted. It's a very large building and will have 362 apartments. There will be no car parking spaces but cycle parking for over 400 bicycles. Residents will also be eligible for free bus travel for a few months , and a year's subscription to the local Beryl Bikes hire scheme.
IMG_5754.jpeg

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Done walking again, now for lunch

Tenkaykev

Guru
Took the electric Brommie today on my journey to the physio. Only had it on the first level of assistance so I got a decent workout too, I'd forgotten what a nice bike to ride it is. Went through Baiter and Whitecliff which looks out on Poole Harbour, they've put in new infrastructure, a nice wide bike lane and a segregated pedestrian path, both of equal width with a wide grass strip between the two. The grass strip has benches and litter bins every 80metres or so. A lovely ride despite the clouds and stiff breeze.

Top Bottom