The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
What gives? Well, I popped on to CC because I need local knowledge for a short ride Beverley >Hornsea.

I will be 70 in a few weeks. Since I was 40 I've celebrated the 0 and the 5 birthdays with a big ride. C2C, home to the Outer Hebrides and across to Inverness, home to Bordeaux to name a few. This was always solo, but with my health history Mrs P has put the block on solo tours. My buddy can only get away from home for 2-3 nights.

So. We are going on a 250 mile gravel ride over four days. Train to Beverley then ride:

Beverley >Hornsea >Selby via NCN 65 >Southport via NCN 62 - the Trans Pennine Trail > then home.

We have bikes, a route, accommodation. What more could a pair of old buggers need?
A set of brand new legs each?

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Afternoon all, another wet start this morning. Parked in Aviemore and followed the Speyside Way south to the Kinrara estate where we climbed up to the Duke of Gordon monument. Never got above 10° but the rain stopped just as we reached a fabulous spot for lunch, the best lunchstop view of the holiday so far…
View attachment 733797

Lovely....beats my area hands down

pawl

Legendary Member
I get like that with the lies and promises too. Especially the idiotic figures that get plucked from nowhere just to buy votes such as we will spend £x billion on this or promise 50000 extra people for that. They must think we are total fools.

I think I just about stayed under the 'No Politics' radar there! :smile:

I will not be voting as I am away Have made three attempts to apply for a postal vote
First response was we can’t find you Checked my application all correct re sent.Still can’t find me As requested sent a copy of my driving license with a note perhaps they cold confirm my who I am by checking my council tax payments.Sent two days ago no response

Stuff them

classic33

Leg End Member
I will not be voting as I am away Have made three attempts to apply for a postal vote
First response was we can’t find you Checked my application all correct re sent.Still can’t find me As requested sent a copy of my driving license with a note perhaps they cold confirm my who I am by checking my council tax payments.Sent two days ago no response

Stuff them
Apply for a proxy vote, then you'll be told you've applied for a postal vote, and it's on it's way, in the post.

classic33

Leg End Member
With the candidates here all I've got is a poxy vote.
Nothing from any of them so far, so unable to comment on any of them.

Top Bottom