The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning Mo.... Nice to wake up with you :smile:
I spent yesterday with family plus 3 dogs. It takes some getting used to but I mIss them when they have gone.
I haven't met the cat yet.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
Another cloudy start to the day here.
Final packing to do today, and that includes Millie who is going to stay at our friends in Hitchin whilst we are away.
I'm going to try to cut the grass again today, but the rain might be against me.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bonjour. There is some strange wet stuff falling from the sky this morning, I have been used to sunshine every day over the last few days and forgotten what rain looked like. Oh well, back in the UK so will have to get used to it again I suppose.
I will take Molly for a walk shortly and then think about going into town to get my hair cut. I have always hated having my hair cut so it takes me a while to actually get it done.
I have received a text yesterday to tell me that my car has gone into the workshop so I am hoping to get it back before the end of the week. The Skoda Enterprise have lent us is a much more expensive car than mine but nowhere as well equipped for useful gadgets as my Dacia.

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
A pleasant 6.5 mile walk done starting from the next village to give the car a run. Investigated a new trail but I would have needed boots on to continue to make it a loop. The path almost disappeared and got very boggy so turned back. Might try it again another day.

I should really get my gravel weedkilled as it’s a decent day and the weeds are sprouting.

Top Bottom