The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all :hello:

Off to Minehead this morning so that MrsD can collect her new glasses. Probably have lunch in Spoons whilst we're there.

Photo was taken in Whitby. :rolleyes:
You travelled up here for yer tea!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Have to laugh at the government/councils making such a fuss about us recycling while the skies are like this every day. It always amazes me when I have a look.

IMG_0312.png

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Banana sandwich followed by banana cake.

...and a banana milkshake?

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I just had a sandwich with tuna and sweetcorn filler.

That’s the start of the election pamphlets coming through the door. Straight in the bin. I have no desire to read their lies and false promises.

I get like that with the lies and promises too. Especially the idiotic figures that get plucked from nowhere just to buy votes such as we will spend £x billion on this or promise 50000 extra people for that. They must think we are total fools.

I think I just about stayed under the 'No Politics' radar there! :smile:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Following my phone call from the doctor yesterday when she insisted that I have a prescription for Vitamin D, I received a text from the local pharmacy saying my prescription was ready. Popped in this morning to collect and a charming lady pharmacist checked my details before handing over the prescription and asked if I would like her to measure my blood pressure. I declined as I had to meet the other members of the walking group so she said " pop in anytime it's convenient and we'll get that sorted for you "
With all this attention recently I am starting to get worried that there's something they're not telling me 😂

PaulSB

Squire
Good afternoon. Thank you for the kind words. I do appreciate this.

This thread is addictive. I make one visit in a year and find myself being drawn back in. 😄 I now understand the reasons why I had to leave CC, not this thread, and a lot of other things i was involved with. I've dealt with these and feel so much better for it. I might talk about this one day. It's been a bit of a revelation.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Squire
What gives? Well, I popped on to CC because I need local knowledge for a short ride Beverley >Hornsea.

I will be 70 in a few weeks. Since I was 40 I've celebrated the 0 and the 5 birthdays with a big ride. C2C, home to the Outer Hebrides and across to Inverness, home to Bordeaux to name a few. This was always solo, but with my health history Mrs P has put the block on solo tours. My buddy can only get away from home for 2-3 nights.

So. We are going on a 250 mile gravel ride over four days. Train to Beverley then ride:

Beverley >Hornsea >Selby via NCN 65 >Southport via NCN 62 - the Trans Pennine Trail > then home.

We have bikes, a route, accommodation. What more could a pair of old buggers need?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I get like that with the lies and promises too. Especially the idiotic figures that get plucked from nowhere just to buy votes such as we will spend £x billion on this or promise 50000 extra people for that. They must think we are total fools.

I think I just about stayed under the 'No Politics' radar there! :smile:

You can fool some of the people all the time, and all of the people some of the time.
But not all of the people all of the time.

Top Bottom