The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Neighbours both sides and across the road are all doing DIY or gardening. Tempted to stick ear plugs in and have a siesta! :laugh:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
The hanging baskets and tub are filling out nicely

20240601_151508~2.jpg

20240601_151502~2.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
I can see that, I suppose if you have the finance you get someone in to do repairs and gardening, but the way they charge today you'll have to be well heeled.

I employed quite a few people from when I was twenty until I was 32, I then made a vow to myself never to employ anybody again on a permanent basis, I was the world's worst boss, I would get in before my staff and do their job for them, I would help them all day long and then work late into the night to do mine. If I employed a cleaner, I would put the vacuum around and tidy up before they arrived. I may have to consider a gardener and give in to myself.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Salut. I am absolutely p***** off. The second part of the chest of drawers came early this afternoon so I started putting it together. To my disgust, on one panel, the holes don't line up !! I assume this one must have been made on a Monday morning although I can't see how it went wrong as they are drilled on a jig. Anyway, I emailed the firm and explained the problem and now wait for a reply which could take a few days.
I hope I get better luck when I start on the bed tomorrow.

Top Bottom