The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'd have edited it for the spelling mistake. ;)
Missing "a" you mean!
IMG_20200914_150213.jpg

GM

Legendary Member
I could do with some spuds if its not too much trouble :rolleyes:

You can have some of ours when they're ready. First time we've ever grown potatoes, so if you don't mind being a guinea pig! :giggle:

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Ah well no one seems to have spotted the new BC guidance............I'll have to find something else to entertain me this afternoon......:laugh:

I've spent the last month working on how to get official club rides going and BC have provided the last piece for the jigsaw.

I think our guys will be back on the road in 7-10 days. Great news.
Problems with riding a bike?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My Missus drinks chamomile tea each night and keeps well away from PC and mobile screens for a few hours before going to bed. It helps her significantly
I don't fancy chamomile tea. I usually restrict myself to just chilled water most nights now.

The screen thing... I am very guilty of overdoing screen use! I use a computer for many hours most days and evenings, then I usually watch TV for 1.5 to 2 hours after midnight, and use my tablet in bed for at least 30 minutes (often nearer an hour). I have recently started turning the tablet off and reading a chapter of a book before going to sleep. I might try playing any computer puzzle games before going to bed, and then just reading for a while in bed.

I have read the suggestion that beds should only be for sleep (and sex!) but I like time to unwind before turning the light off.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good afternoon all.
We left home at 6.30 5his morning and was in Whitstable by 8.00. Breakfast was eaten and then spent the day wandering around .
We are now at the hotel just outside Whitstable, in Tankerton.
Tomorrow we will walk along to Herne Bay which is about 5 miles each way. The dog will love it.
The weather is great and I am now drinking a pint of Whitstable Bay pale ale in the bar.

classic33

Leg End Member
I don't fancy chamomile tea. I usually restrict myself to just chilled water most nights now.

The screen thing... I am very guilty of overdoing screen use! I use a computer for many hours most days and evenings, then I usually watch TV for 1.5 to 2 hours after midnight, and use my tablet in bed for at least 30 minutes (often nearer an hour). I have recently started turning the tablet off and reading a chapter of a book before going to sleep. I might try playing any computer puzzle games before going to bed, and then just reading for a while in bed.

I have read the suggestion that beds should only be for sleep (and sex!) but I like time to unwind before turning the light off.
Are you near a street light and has it, sleep, got any worse since they changed to an LED one?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Are you near a street light and has it, sleep, got any worse since they changed to an LED one?
I have blackout blinds so I don't even notice when the sun is shining! I am too hard of hearing to be bothered by noise from outside; usually - the dodgy roofers last week DID wake me up but most of the time I don't really take much notice of what is going on outside.

It is my mind keeping me awake!

classic33

Leg End Member
I have blackout blinds so I don't even notice when the sun is shining! I am too hard of hearing to be bothered by noise from outside; usually - the dodgy roofers last week DID wake me up but most of the time I don't really take much notice of what is going on outside.

It is my mind keeping me awake!
Try watching a few party political broadcasts.

D

Deleted member 1258

We've had a profitable evening down the club, three ot of the four of us won on the bingo, we came out over a hundred quid up. The trouble is it was mostly pound coins and fifty pence pieces, I'm now limping due to the weight of the coins in my wallet, and my Good Lady is having trouble shutting her purse.

Top Bottom