The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
The new series of Strike about the private eye is on BBC1 at 9pm .

PaulSB

Squire
Haven't heard of that one.

We've just discovered the Bridge on iPlayer. 5 episodes in to Series 1. Total of 4 series and 38 episodes.

A few days ago I watched Series 1 of this, and found the acting so wooden. Saw all 3 parts, and ended up thinking I'd wasted 3 hours of my life. Shame, as the location brought back lots of memories from my time working in the Smoke. I'm sure it's just me - it has good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes.

PaulSB

Squire
Good morning. Clear, bright, sunny but ridiculously cold for August - even if it is September tomorrow. Very noticeable that crops on the allotment have stopped growing 2-3 weeks earlier than I would expect. Contrary to the great early spring weather many things have not produced the surplus I expect - can't help but feel that weather put plants under a lot of stress.

I've been awake far too long. Time to do the ironing and then see what the day brings.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Haven't heard of that one.

We've just discovered the Bridge on iPlayer. 5 episodes in to Series 1. Total of 4 series and 38 episodes.

We really liked the Bridge, a lot of TV series made with an eye on the international market are so formulaic, you start to notice the mini cliff hangers that occur so that adverts can be inserted. The Bridge was really well made with strong characters and a good storyline. We also enjoyed the insight into how a different society and culture operates.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,

I was planning on going for a run but am worried about missing the lady from the Premium Bonds if she comes to inform me that I've won the Million. 😉

I'll give the Brommies a once over before we head up to Edinburgh tomorrow, we're a bit apprehensive about cycling across London between Stations but Mrs Tenkay has sorted out a route and I'm sure we'll be fine.

Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🏊‍♂️🏃‍♂️🚶‍♀️🚴‍♀️

Top Bottom